First Big Coaster?

muppetfan1999

4 years old on Adventure Express. I love the guys in the tunnel.

Same here! About the same age and the Same Ride! But I really wouldn't Consider AE a very big coaster, even though it IS one of my all time favorites. MY first big coaster ever was probably the Mean Streak at Cedar Point when I was like Five. I honestly haven't though much about coasters until I rode The Beast In 2005... That made me fall in love with Coasters. My first Coaster ever was The Beastie/Fairly Odd Coaster/Woodstock Express. My first intense coaster (At least I thought it was intense at the time) was Top Gun/Flight Deck. I even though it looped! I was so ignorant! tongue.gif Ahh... How times have changed...

Sorry for Rambling on you guys!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 years old on Adventure Express. I love the guys in the tunnel.

Same here! About the same age and the Same Ride! But I really wouldn't Consider AE a very big coaster, even though it IS one of my all time favorites. MY first big coaster ever was probably the Mean Streak at Cedar Point when I was like Five. I honestly haven't though much about coasters until I rode The Beast In 2005... That made me fall in love with Coasters. My first Coaster ever was The Beastie/Fairly Odd Coaster/Woodstock Express. My first intense coaster (At least I thought it was intense at the time) was Top Gun/Flight Deck. I even though it looped! I was so ignorant! tongue.gif Ahh... How times have changed...

Sorry for Rambling on you guys!

FD is not my favorite ride and usually bypass riding it however when you first release from the lift hill it gets quiet and you slowly realize you are dangling way up there, good rush for sure.

• 1 month later...

I was 6 I think, and my first coaster was Flight of Fear. I wasn't even close to being tall enough, but the staff was lazy. I had the time of my life.

We should all applaud your riding partner for their negligence.

I honestly have no idea! I know it's under 9. Most likely 4 on the Tax... I mean Great Pumpkin coaster!

What a big coaster indeed rolleyes.gif

I went to KI for the first time in 1972 when I was three years old. I remember riding the log flume as my first "free fall" experience, and it scared me until I rode Scooby Doo (nka Woodstock Express), which I adored. After that was Bavarian Beatle, which became my favorite ride at the park (hence my screen name). It was two or three years later that I was tall enough to ride The Racer, which, at the time was scary to me. But, by the end of the ride, my heart was pounding, and I was laughing....Then came 1979, when I was 10 years old and got to ride the World's tallest, longest and fastest roller coaster at the only park I had ever been to. I don't know if words can describe how monumental that experience was to a ten year old in that day and age! Ever since that time, I can ride anything!

--Beatle, who had tears in his eyes after his childrens' first Beast ride....

I don't know specifically, I just know I was under 9. I finally was 48" and I knew I could ride a bunch of rides... that first day we stayed the whole day though. And I do remember I rode these, but not in any particular order:

Vortex

Adventure Express maybe... (I feel like the height requirement was boosted up later like 48) [at the time I was 48" Racer didn't have the 4ft req.]

and SOB at night! The lights on the loop were so cool. ( I wish KI had lights on Vortex's loops.)

We did go in line for The Beast, but it broke. And I got to ride it a week later, in the day and night. :)

I only remember SOB being at night because it was back when the park would be open from 10 to midnight regularly. And I saw fireworks going as I was exiting.

My mother took me to KI about once or twice a year as a young child, but I was too chicken to ride any coaster other than what is now the Great Pumpkin Coaster. Than, at age 9 (I think), she talked me onto The Racer. That scared the crap out of me so bad that I don't think I ever went to KI again until this year, 14 years later. Now I love coasters; I just wish I was able to travel further to other parks.