Wake Nation TR

HTCO

This morning, I woke up to my girl friend calling me. She told me to "be ready by 12 and bring your bathing suit". My first thought was "Oh jeez, what is she doing for me this time?". She picked me up, with waivers in her hand. What could this possibly be? Wake Nation! I was SO excited! I have never been wake boarding in my life, and neither has she(but I'm a long time snowboarder so I thought I would just compare it to such sport)! Nervous/Scared, we start our trip to wake nation. About an hour and a half later we arrive(Got lost... A lot). We pulled up, and my heart started racing. I was so nervous. We got all our equipment and such and we headed over to the "little bro" as they call it. It's for n00bz like us who have never done this. I picked it up really quick! My girlfriend... Not so much :) but no biggie! We finally built up the confidence to go for the big guy! But then... Thunder. They had to shut it down for around 20 minutes. 10 minutes passed... Thunder. We give up and go sit on our lawn chairs as we wait. Then all of the sudden, it starts POURING. So we rush under the little building and wait. But hey, we didn't spend 100+ bucks to just leave. So we decided to wait it out. Eventually, it passed, around 20 minutes later. So I tell my girlfriend we better get in line quick! We get in line. I'm the second to next one up. Thunder. It was sunny out! But they had to shut it down. Twenty minutes pass and I'm up.

My heart is racing. I grab the handle, and get ready. I see the catch car catch the cable and I know in a few seconds I will hit the water. I lean back and prepare.... Little did I know I was going to hit the water... On my face. Laughing at myself, I get out. And try again. This time a staff member helped me a bit. Cable attaches, and I'm off! And I'm going faster than I thought! What a rush! I head for the orange things out in the middle of the water. I make it around the first turn with success, heading back to the loading station. And this time, I took the turn a little to comfortable. I cut the corner to short, which sent me flying faster than ever. I caught my edges and face planted on the water. Except this time, it was a lot faster. My board somehow hit the back of my helmet and left this big black mark on the back(Thank god I wore a helmet). I instantly had a headache. I still do right now. My girlfriend, gave up. She watched me epic fail in front of everyone. Pretty embarrassing, but very fun!

At the end of the day, I had a blast! I'm glad my loving girl friend did this for me, even though she chickened out. :) I will defiantly be heading back out there this summer, and hopefully I can pick it up as a new hobby!

Note: Sorry if I have messed up anything or my sentences are bad. I had to write this really quick. I just got home and I am exhausted.

Haha... If you think your exhausted now, just wait until you see how sore you are tomorrow.

Wake Nation is one of my favorite hangouts. I'm a season pass holder there (which ain't cheap) and I try to make it out there 2 or 3 times a week. If anything, it's a fantastic exercise.

They asked me to officiate a Guiness Book of World Records attempt that they'll be doing there in a few weeks, so I'll have to be there from about 10pm to 10am. So spend all night at Wake Nation, get free stuff and hang out with the pros.... yeah, they really had to twist my arm to agree to that. :lol:

Glad you had fun,

Ryan

Ryan actually introduced me to Wake Nation last season, and ever since then, I have loved it. Half the fun is watching what insane tricks others can pull off, and the challenge is trying to pull them off yourself (which I have yet to do.) I am also a season pass holder, and enjoy every minute of my time up there, and want to go up when I cannot. Definitely worth the money to go.

And Ryan, I am still jealous of you for being able to spend all night with the pros.

Ryan, you were right. My neck is stiff as a board and my arms are pretty dead. As well as my abdomen region. Today is gonna suck! Haha.

SOB_TOM, it was really cool to watch all the really good people do crazy insane flips. Normally, I can snowboard on boxes and rails, and do jumps. But wake boarding is much different! It's a lot harder!