all new metal track for SOB?

BeastForever

I had a feeling I was going to get those kind of replys to my post...wink.gif

Mainly because almost 90% of the people on these boards have given up on SOB.

If you ask me I've actually given up on SOB also. I'm just glad I got to ride it once in early May 09'. Then the next time I went to KI was after they shut it down because of the accident. I enjoyed going down the hills but in the first helix was just annoying and painful. Going down the hills was like jumping down to the ground then at the bottom of the hill was like landing on the ground...

^helix is singular, while helices is plural. (helice isn't a word smile.gif)

I actually used to think that "helices" was a typo. Because if you replace the "c" with an "x" it spells "helixes". And "x' is right next to "c" on a keyboard so, you get the point...smile.gif

• 1 month later...

If Cedar Fair we're to put the Timberliners, that the Voyage should be getting before the end of August, along with retracking Son of Beast, wouldn't it make the ride alot smoother? I would love to see that in the future. But will I? Probably not.

...and why on earth would they be willing to do that?

They've had problems enough with Voyage so far...

Yet Pat was a little to honest with me when I saw her yesterday. I had to change the subject twice on her about the timberliners lol.

They could tear down SOB and put a steel coaster in it's place that has the same layout as SOB. They could even put the loop back in! Anybody think I'm going off a limb here or could this be possible...?

No thanks. B&M invert please smile.gif

I second that Notion!!!!!!!! PLEASE I LOVE B&M INVERTS!!!!!!!

^ Did you like Manta?

I did, but not as much as Kraken. Manta's layout is very basic and aside from the pretzel loop and the splash near the lake, it's actually somewhat uninteresting.

Did you ride Manta? How was it?

Yeah I did, it was pretty good. If you could combine Manta's queue with Kraken's ride, you'd get a great coaster.

Now that's enough, save some for the PTR!

similar except of course with a much smoother smoother ride and more comfortable trains I imagine lol. I'd like a floorless too, but still they are basically just the classic "steel looping" coasters without a floor...meh I just need to shut up though and ride one first. I ripped on TTD for being a stupid gimmick coaster and being an overpriced Drop Tower...then I rode it and found it to be one of the most intense things I've ever rode!

I think the only thing that can safe SOB is new all metal track.

Or, just slowing the thing down somehow.

CF already has a: slow, uneventful, uninspiring, rough, wood coaster, in Mean Streak.

wink.gif

Thats actually what I thought of Mean Streak. I rode in seat 1-1 so i didn't experience any roughness, but the Coaster did just seem slow, boring, and full of white bugs that hit your face. The Arrow Dynamics steel tracked wooden hybrid Racing coaster not far from it is MUCH MUCH better!

I think the only thing that can safe SOB is new all metal track.

Or, just slowing the thing down somehow.

CF already has a: slow, uneventful, uninspiring, rough, wood coaster, in Mean Streak.

wink.gif

Thats actually what I thought of Mean Streak. I rode in seat 1-1 so i didn't experience any roughness, but the Coaster did just seem slow, boring, and full of white bugs that hit your face. The Arrow Dynamics steel tracked wooden hybrid Racing coaster not far from it is MUCH MUCH better!

I actually rode Mean Streak for the first time this past weekend. I'd heard it was rough, but I'd never had any trouble with SOB, so I figured I'd get on. I've never had a headache like that from a ride, ever. From the bottom of the first hill to the final stretch before the station, I wanted nothing more than for that ride to end. :(

There was an elderly woman sitting in front of me, however, who seemed to enjoy it quite a bit.