all new metal track for SOB?

BeastForever

I was in the front when I rode Mean streak. It wasn't rough at all. However it was dull and boring, and I Couldn't help but notice the trim on the first drop. Being a Son of Beast fan I thought I'd enjoy it, but I didn't at all. I didn't get off in pain, I just got off uninspired and ready to ride something better.

You guys might be interested in this... Son of Beast Status - Closed Until Further Notice - (7/28/10) I’m told that some new land clearing has actually begun behind Son of Beast. While I’m not sure what this may mean, another reader has pointed out that the former SonOfBeast.com website is now auto-forwarding all visits to the Intimidator 305 page. Odd… very odd…

Source:Screamscape.

You guys might be interested in this... Son of Beast Status - Closed Until Further Notice - (7/28/10) I'm told that some new land clearing has actually begun behind Son of Beast. While I'm not sure what this may mean, another reader has pointed out that the former SonOfBeast.com website is now auto-forwarding all visits to the Intimidator 305 page. Odd… very odd…

Source:Screamscape.

All I have to say:

And In Reply I give you this The new land clearing behind Son of Beast is real it seems, and can be seen from the tower’s observation deck if you look through the gap where the loop used to be to the land beyond. Even more interesting are the reports from those riding Flight Deck who claim to have seen workers pounding/sawing away at stuff in the SOB station, along with the sound of power tools. I’ve got to wonder, are they working on something in the station for the ride… or planning to turn the station into a Halloween Haunt? Source: ScreamScape.

Anyone wanna test out what Lance said?

And In Reply I give you this The new land clearing behind Son of Beast is real it seems, and can be seen from the tower’s observation deck if you look through the gap where the loop used to be to the land beyond. Even more interesting are the reports from those riding Flight Deck who claim to have seen workers pounding/sawing away at stuff in the SOB station, along with the sound of power tools. I’ve got to wonder, are they working on something in the station for the ride… or planning to turn the station into a Halloween Haunt? Source: ScreamScape.

:lol:

What a dreamer...

And In Reply I give you this The new land clearing behind Son of Beast is real it seems, and can be seen from the tower's observation deck if you look through the gap where the loop used to be to the land beyond. Even more interesting are the reports from those riding Flight Deck who claim to have seen workers pounding/sawing away at stuff in the SOB station, along with the sound of power tools. I've got to wonder, are they working on something in the station for the ride… or planning to turn the station into a Halloween Haunt? Source: ScreamScape.

I was there last Friday. I looked very hard while ridding FD, I rode 1-1 specifically to look at SOB, looked at the exit queue for FD, and up in the ET. I saw no work being done at all on SOB, I could not see much of SOB at all on FD or in FD's station/ exit queue, the trees have really grown up over there and block most anything to be seen and was rather disappointing. I did not ride DT to get the best view of the ride, but it was my concluding that there is dirt in the questioned area that may or may not be related to any type of SOB construction. I saw no evidence (workers, saws, hammering, cranes, dozers, etc.) that any work was being done to SOB on Friday mid afternoon. In fact it seemed quite peaceful over there.

And In Reply I give you this The new land clearing behind Son of Beast is real it seems, and can be seen from the tower's observation deck if you look through the gap where the loop used to be to the land beyond. Even more interesting are the reports from those riding Flight Deck who claim to have seen workers pounding/sawing away at stuff in the SOB station, along with the sound of power tools. I've got to wonder, are they working on something in the station for the ride… or planning to turn the station into a Halloween Haunt? Source: ScreamScape.

I'm gonna toot my own horn here.

I first mentioned SoB's station as a staging area for HH on July 20th.

The reasons for maint. to be on the platform (which is still speculation) can be attributed to many things other than track repair/ modification.

They could be using the platform as a staging area for building Halloween Haunt sets or other projects.

They could be removing platform parts to be used in other parts of the park.

As far as the "red pieces" seen on the track- those could be used as a bridge to get from one side of the platform to another as it is unsafe to jump across the track.

http://www.KICentral...=1entry392458

It's funny how ScreamScape then mentions it 2 weeks later...

So yeah, I have no problem testing out what Lance says.

With one Haunt already back by the entrance to Son of Beast (Club Blood), I severely doubt they're gonna want to add another one in that particular alley when Crowd Control is a big issue (look at X-Base during the Haunt and you'll see why it's a bad idea).

I agree with most of you. The original SOB is dead and let it RIP. What would adding a steel type structure do to it. Take the whole point of a wooden coaster and throw it out the window. Sounds like a bad idea to me.

Either tear it down or restructure it with wood and hopefully it turns out better. If not and it's a little rough like usual, put a big warning sign at the beginning at the entrance and say "We are not responsible for any injuries due to the intense roughness of this ride. Unless you die or get seriously hurt, of course."

I would still ride it.

If you ever have time, take a little turn at Great Wolf Lodge in the early morning and right when you turn you will see SOB off in the distance. I mourn every time I see it remembering the last time I rode it.

RIP Son of Beast

You are truly missed.

Such a sign does not make what it says true. It means someone put up a sign.* A few people might believe it and not take action, but others would not be dissuaded. A warning is just that...a warning. In very few cases does such a warning (or even a signed disclaimer) actually relieve a party of its negligence, which is exactly what an injured guest would claim as to the park, ride manufacturer, etc. Besides, there are already warning signs at every ride in the park, including the carousel. They are so ubiquitous that they are ignored by most.

As to your proposed sign, what does "seriously hurt" mean? A broken bone? A hangnail? A headache that lasts for three weeks? A serious phobia of roller coasters that lasts forevermore?

----

*Examples of signs often held to not be controlling:

--in car repair shops: Not responsible for fire or theft.

--in parking lots: Park at your own risk. Not responsible for lost/stolen items. Not responsible for Baskart damage.

--at rides: Name of park will not be held responsible for lost items. (Ask Dorney Park about that one!...They were then changed to: Dorney Park will not assume responsibility for lost items)

--at stores at Dorney Park: "Want a free ride in a police car? Steal something in this store."

Again, don't believe it. That ride, if caught, will most likely be far from free...

--and my absolute favorite of all time, on the bumper cars at Melrose Kiddieland in Chicago, now gone: "We are not responsible." Tee Hee

Such a sign does not make what it says true. It means someone put up a sign.* A few people might believe it and not take action, but others would not be dissuaded. A warning is just that...a warning. In very few cases does such a warning (or even a signed disclaimer) actually relieve a party of its negligence, which is exactly what an injured guest would claim as to the park, ride manufacturer, etc. Besides, there are already warning signs at every ride in the park, including the carousel. They are so ubiquitous that they are ignored by most.

As to your proposed sign, what does "seriously hurt" mean? A broken bone? A hangnail? A headache that lasts for three weeks? A serious phobia of roller coasters that lasts forevermore?

----

*Examples of signs often held to not be controlling:

--in car repair shops: Not responsible for fire or theft.

--in parking lots: Park at your own risk. Not responsible for lost/stolen items. Not responsible for Baskart damage.

--at rides: Name of park will not be held responsible for lost items. (Ask Dorney Park about that one!...They were then changed to: Dorney Park will not assume responsibility for lost items)

--at stores at Dorney Park: "Want a free ride in a police car? Steal something in this store."

Again, don't believe it. That ride, if caught, will most likely be far from free...

--and my absolute favorite of all time, on the bumper cars at Melrose Kiddieland in Chicago, now gone: "We are not responsible." Tee Hee

Yeah I guess you are right. A sign might be a little confusing and difficult.

• 2 weeks later...

I have looked at the cleared land, and it is nothing. I will try to get a picture next time I am there for you from the ET.

As for the station, it is basically boarded up, so I am not sure if that is Haunt related or just boarded up.

I'm new to this topic, but when someone said they're clearing land behind SOB I couldn't help but think about a giga, or a giga with a bigger drop than the height! But I'd want one more like Millennium force, for the trains, I don't care if they do an intimidator305 layout though. (I just don't like the torso bars.)

But then I kept reading that this supposed work is non-existent.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...