all new metal track for SOB?

BeastForever

Have faith and grab a ouija board!

There are some tombstones being displayed at HH that refer to other coasters' death and resurrection.

I believe it is a knock-off of Stephen King's 'Pet Cemetery' called 'Coaster Cemetery'.

SoB has a chance to be a coaster enthusiat's "Elvis".

;)

Have faith and grab a ouija board!

There are some tombstones being displayed at HH that refer to other coasters' death and resurrection.

I believe it is a knock-off of Stephen King's 'Pet Cemetery' called 'Coaster Cemetery'.

SoB has a chance to be a coaster enthusiat's "Elvis".

;)

Glad to see the tombstone's did put some thoughts in your head after all!

SOBfolyfeeeeeeeeeee

And, Cedar Fair continues to essentially stick their fingers in their ears, shut their eyes, and pretend as if there is not a two hundred foot tall roller coaster rotting in the back of the park. This strategy can work, but not forever. I seem to remember someone saying "A decision will be made over the offseason." I guess they didn't specify which offseason.

At least Kings Island was nice enough to give us the headstones.......

And, Cedar Fair continues to essentially stick their fingers in their ears, shut their eyes, and pretend as if there is not a two hundred foot tall roller coaster rotting in the back of the park. This strategy can work, but not forever. I seem to remember someone saying "A decision will be made over the offseason." I guess they didn't specify which offseason.

At least Kings Island was nice enough to give us the headstones.......

It should be noted that the 2010 offseason has not started.

And even when it does on November 1st, don't expect an immediate announcement. The park announced on March 18th that the ride was going to be closed and that there were 3 firms that were looking into solutions & one of those three was deemed unsatisfactory. It was also announced that they were not giving up on the ride.

With all the modifications done to SoB, and with rider's safety in mind, patience is needed.

I once had a dream that my friends and I rode Son of Beast 4 times in a row. And each time got better and better. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fun!!! It didn't hurt. It just went insane! If only, SOB was like in my dreams it would be in the top ten woodies for sure. If only,:rolleyes:

I would love to see the Texas Giant Re-do for SOB. The pictures I saw on Screamscape look pretty cool. Trains are also interesting.

If they ever tear down SOB, I would love a Gravity Group Woodie that tops the likes of The Voyage, and Hades. It needs to be a little more extreme than the forementioned coasters.

No wooden coaster, a nice Giga like the Intimidator 305, or a cool floorless.

My thought is, if it takes til 2015 to ensure the safety, comfort, and enjoyment of a majority of riders on Son of Beast, then let it wait until 2015. If it's reasonably and realistically determined that there is simply no way to make a repair pay for itself, or to improve rider experience from a reasonable financial angle, then so be it. I personally didn't hate Son of Beast the way that it was. However, I would still love to see it re-done, re-tracked, re-angled, re-profiled, and re-looped (wishful thinking!) with Iron Horse track or otherwise.

But if the price of that proposed re-do would cost $15 million+, I'd happily settle for a demolished ride and a GCI woodie. And that's coming from the mouth (er, fingers?) of a fan of the ride as it was. Even if you liked the "old" Son of Beast (as I did), there comes a point where you must realistically say that the best solution for it from all angles is replacement. Not saying we're there yet, because I don't know... Something to think about, though.

it got better each time because the parts of your body that got battered and bruised became numb to the pain. wait till you wake up.

Amen! I was thinking close to the same thing...but I was thinking it was more like a fighter who has been hit so much he starts getting a little "punchy"! :P