Where were you when Diamondback struck?

BeastForever

I found out about Db when I was at Band camp. I remember getting the text from KIC and going absolutely mad, I told everyone about it. And then that night I managed to get one of my friends dad to let me look at the web page for it. I was soooo excited...That was definitely the best part of Band camp!

Well I was browsing through PKICentral many years back and noticed a new member starting a new topic, so obviously I opened it and read what he was describing as what would be known now as Diamondback. He was an older gentleman and evidently had a conversation with someone in connection with the a proposed ride, so about a week later he found PKICentral and shared what he had learned and was curious if anyone knew anything about it. Well like true fanatics the "you do not know what you are saying" and "the Dipping Dot Guy spreads rumors all the time" started to be hurled around. The gentleman ended up PM me and told me he was just an average guy and could care less about the new coaster and felt he was being harassed and some treated him Combat Stupendous, so he would no longer post but that I should look out for something new in the coming years. The gentleman never posted again and I was amazed to see so many facts and details about his then rumor to actually take shape as he described many years before. I often wonder about him and wonder why he never came back to say "see I told you so!!!" but he has not to this day. Don't bother to go back and do a search of that topic as it was long ago deleted.

So I guess that was the first time I had heard about it but at the time I did not know what to believe.

Send in the cranes

There ought to be cranes

And now it's next year....

We've seen this comment before... In another thread... commenting about something which I'm pretty sure a certain fan of Khaki has no certainty as to the fate of.

Edit: forgot to comment on the topic at hand. I had been following the construction on a certain other fan site which was certainly not to my liking (mainly because of the attitude of a few individuals) and then found this here glorious KIC. I followed the construction daily from then on.

I was referring to a thread about that Silly Old Boy, what a sob story!

DB, on the other hand...and other end of the park, is an entirely different story and how fortunate we are to have it!

I know you were, but people join (and leave) here frequently...and I didn't want someone to read into my cryptic crane musings any message about Son of Beast...unless they should...as they should...or shouldn't.

And soon it's next year...(as the ode originally was penned)

Do not assume what the Terpy knows...or doesn't. Sometimes he knows more than he talks about...sometimes he talks about more than he knows..sometimes what he knows changes and sometimes it does not...and some days he feels like he has forgotten more than he knows...

Go sit in a very big rocking chair....

Terpy, who knows some, and only some, will get that one...

Operator? Oh, operator?

One ringy dingy.... two ringy dingy... laugh.gif

I took off work August 6th, 2008 so I could go to the announcement. I was standing in the planter area underneath the trees so I could get a clear view of the stage.

And for those of you that have asked if I wanted to go to places like Holiday World during the week, and I've turned you down because I'm saving the two vacation days I have that are still unscheduled, this is why. You never know when a public announcement may be scheduled that I want to be there for! My bosses know me too well that they could put two and two together if I were to call in "sick" on a day that KI has an announcment! laugh.gif

i was on my way home from Cedar Point the day of the announcement, and i asked my dad if we could stop by Kings Island since we were going to be driving by it, then he informed me of already set in stone plans for that day and took i-75 home instead of i-71 so i couldn't talk him into it. :P i ended up getting a text and then checked it out on my grandma's computer.

I work a 3rd shift job and I got woke up from the text from KI central at the time of the annoucement. I read the text said "neat" and went back to sleep. Nothing special. Then when I finally got up I got on KI's website and checked it out, including the live construction, the 3d Renderings, etc.

Guest PizzaBaby027

I remember when I came to Kings Island around 3pm and I knew that they announced it but was busy setting up at church festival....so I came in very excited, and first thing I went to guest relations and they said the new ride was dive in back....at least thats how I heard it...as I approached the media area I was so excited...and then I found out...Diamondback....230 feet......80mph.....April..2009!!!!!!

I was online. I thought it was just a rumor. So I Googled "Kings Island new coaster 2009" and I got a link to a press release with quotes from Don Helbig. It had just been confirmed that it was indeed a B&M hyper. I screamed at the top of my lungs and was so excited that I couldn't calm down for SIX HOURS afterward!

I had no clue it even existed til I visited the park last August. It was my first trip to Kings Island since 1987 and we went to the kid area and the water park. After exiting the train from the water park we of course walked past it and watched a few trains drop down. Me and the wifes cousin said what the heck and got in line. It was my first Coaster ride since Thunder Run in 1990 and I loved every second of it. It made me realize just what I had been missing out on for close to 20 years. I lived near Kings Dominion/Williamsburg for 4 years (mid 90's) and never once visited either park.

Thank You Diamond Back for waking me up :)

Youtube. Yes, Youtube. My sister had visited KI in 2008, and said she saw construction. I actually joked "maybe it's a huge steel roller coaster!". I had no idea how right I was...then, as I was watching Beast & Son of Beast POVs, I saw this video:

And that's how I found out!wink.gif