KI Trip Report 06/09/10

SuperLoops

Well I must say, for my first Visit to KI of the Season, I had a blast. Unfortunately I had to take the trip solo. The day started with ERT. I got my pass scanned and politely walked passed all the confused out of towners wondering why I along with several others were allowed in but they were not.

DB: After what seems to be a 20 minute walk, I finally approached DB. I literally walked right on and was assigned a seat on the brown train. I got in and pulled the bar and it only gave 2 clicks. On our way up the hill i realize where I was.View post here... QUOTE BY DVO

Row 16. If you put your legs out and arms up on the first drop, and the restraint isn't stapled... holy crap.

On the way down I screamed HOLY CRAP! That is how i experienced my first ride on DB. It was so great I had to do it again and again and well, you get the point. I racked up 4 rounds from ERT on this monster today.

The Beast: After my DB marathon I headed over to the wooden classic. To my shock, I walked right on. once the train was back at the station the attendant looked at me and said, "Why are you getting off?" I looked around and saw no one in line for my seat so I sat back down and..You've guessed it, I ran a Beast marathon. After about 5 rides back to back, I figured it was time to make a pit stop.(I drank 1 liter of soda on the drive there) And i was very impressed with how clean everything was in the bathrooms. GOOD JOB TEAM!

BLSC: I passed this one up because I have seen it has been "neutered" as well

The Vortex: As usual my day just isn't right until I am pulled through some head over heels loops. I walked right onto this one as well, by this time it was 10:30am. I did this one twice back to back... and ...well... I couldn't take it any more. I never knew The Vortex to be so hard on the body. IMO it felt more rough than The Beast.

Firehawk: This one I got in line just as they opened it, and I agree with what many others on here have said, the load time is ridiculous and I only gave this ride one go round. I also noticed many associates on this ride moving rapidly, so it is clear they were doing the best they could, but I just refused to get back in line and wait for an average ride in my book. After unloading, I saw the yellow train flying through the overbanked turn and that's when i heard "HOLY ****" from what looked like a 15 year old girl in the very front. I laughed so hard and said to my self, that is going in my favorites part of the day.

FOF: This is when the park started to get full. FOF had a total wait time of about 20 min. While in cue, I was pleased to see that the theme remained for the ride, HOWEVER... I couldn't help to notice that once the guy electrocutes himself, the lights never shut off. I thought, "When did this change?" . Once I stepped on the loading deck, I noticed they were only running 2 trains. I headed to the front of the line and saw that the right seat of my train has been taped off. I then thought "Hmmmm... maybe this has something to due with a recent post I remember seeing." The ride took off and I loved the music in the background and noticed it appears they have used less lights, or positioned them differently, during the ride I had a flashback of my first ride in "96" and it was GREAT. I also was they did away with the on-ride video and went back to using the on ride photo as stated in the 5@5. It was a nice touch.

I then took a break and grabbed a few rides on the Scrambler and Monster, then head off to Racer.

Racer: Blue was down around noon-ish. Red was Just too long of a wait at that time, so I figured I would come back later after Blue was up and running.

AE: I was surprised to walk onto this ride with the volume of the park picking up so rapidly. I was also very proud of CF for restoring the effects as well. I made my day. During the ride, I my seat buddy was taking a picture of the SOB and a friend of hers stated they have not been running it all day. (of course I had to fill them in during the ride.

Delirium: Great as usual, I just wish people would listen when they say "Please secure ALL loose items" As we were picking up speed, a guy 4 seats away from me lost his hate and I watched as it drifted towards the ground and then slid under the platform. The rest of the ride was so not enjoyable due the the man nagging the whole ride about his lost hat. When the ride stopped he asked the ride op if he can retrieve his hat and they bluntly told him no. I laughed to myself and politely advised the poor guy he can pick it up from the lost and found after the park closes.

(this is the part where I would head to SOB...:()

FD: So while walking through this hiking trail of a queue, I couldn't help to notice that the painting in the tunnels of the hazard symbol for SOB have been painted over and it just looks like the park abandoned the ride. I mourned over the loss of "Sonny" until I got to my seat on FD. I was riding solo all day until i was joined by a very polite guy who requested to ride with. We had discussions about previous rides and KI such as The Bat and KC(I miss it so much). After the ride, I realized he asked me, "Have you ridden The Bat?". now I was born in 1988, and I didn't know how to feel at that point, so i laughed it off. On the way from the ride, he caught back up with me and noticed me admiring SOB, as I was looking for any "changes" that may have gone unnoticed. Nothing was different. He then began talking about they shut it down because they are going to trim it. "wood just isn't suppose to be that big". I completely ignored the comment because I was going defend a coaster I grew to hate. So I walked off to FO(aka)Ivertigo.

Invertigo: The first thing I noticed was someone's shoe flying over the structure , and immediately thought of Delirium. This ride takes just about as long as FH. After my second ride, my head couldn't take anymore.

After hitting about every major coaster in the park, I decided I would just do laps around the park and re-ride everything again. After about my Second round of the park, I headed to La' Rosa's. 2 slices of pepperoni and 2 cups of water later, i was ready to find out for myself how horrible The Crypt was.

The Crypt: So I walked in, and ran into everyone that was standing there. That place was SO dark. I don't ever remember it being that dark when it was TR:TR. I was so sad to see the theme of the place was basically neutered of everything. And the Huge bat just seemed random. During the after I got seated, I looked around to see what all remained. There was nothing but the lava pit(very dusty if i may add) and the Goddess on the wall. The ride cycle at first seemed to be cool with it flipping over the top the second time we went up and around. The second flip reminded me so much of TR:TR as we were flipped in such a position over the top and lowered right over the lava pit that is unused. My overall thought of the ride is this... It has potential with the theme already in place, it just needs to be enhanced and the cycle needs to be more thrilling. On a 10 point scale, it has a 4, and that is being generous.

After the ride, I headed over to get a Blueberry Vanilla swirl cone and proceeded through PS. I couldn't help but notice the sign only had one support painted. Other than that, I love the area. I finished off my cone and headed over to BBOBH.

BBOBH: I must say, I am uncertain with change, but this is one that I love. The theme of the ride was great and I challenged myself to see what score i would get. I was having so much fun, the random spooks were great. The ride was over before i realized it. I had a total score of 2800. GO ME!

After I left the ride, it began to rain, and I noticed DB was stalled while I was on my way back to the line. After about 10 minutes they ran all 3 trains empty and then opened it back up. I also had the chance to catch a show Please Don't Stop the Music. The show was great and those performers were true sports to continue the show during the light rain.

My conclusion on the day, I racked some some major ride counts and my legs were cramped so bad, I decided to head home at 8:30. I plan on going again here in about 2 weeks, this time I plan to take my camera to take some photo of some interesting things.

TOTAL RIDE COUNT: for the day/season.

DB:11

BEAST:14

BLSC:0

Vortex:4

Firehawk:1

FOF:3

RACER:8:4 RED:4 BLUE

AE:4

FD:5

DT:0(I refuse to ride after the first time, I passed out)

Invertigo:2

VF:3

MONSTER:2

SCRAMBLER:2

SRR:1

ZYPHER:1

AT:1

Wow 11 rides on DB! Whats your total count? But great TR, really enjoyed it. smile.gif

This was my first visit of the season. Also my very first ride on DB, so that starts my total count at 11 and counting.

Thank you guys for taking the time to view it. Next time, i plan to take my camera for some photos of some interesting things.

I am confused, did you go on 6/9/2010 (today) as the title indicates and if so how did you finish at 8:30 when it is only 5 now?

He hijacked a Klingon Bird-of-Prey and slingshot around the sun. He had to go back in time and watch himself go through the park again. That's what happens when you ride Vortex twice in a row.

He posted at 2:25 this morning, so it was 6/9 when he was writing.

I am confused, did you go on 6/9/2010 (today) as the title indicates and if so how did you finish at 8:30 when it is only 5 now?

He hijacked a Klingon Bird-of-Prey and slingshot around the sun. He had to go back in time and watch himself go through the park again. That's what happens when you ride Vortex twice in a row.

Correct, the the trip took place 06/08/10, but i did not finish the post until 06/09/10 early this morning. :D I do apologize for the confusion. I had a long day, but it was a blast! I will make sure the posting dates and trip dates are displayed properly, this was my first TR. I stayed up for a while to write it before I forgot all of the major details of the events that took place.

Correct, the the trip took place 06/08/10, but i did not finish the post until 06/09/10 early this morning. biggrin.gif I do apologize for the confusion. I had a long day, but it was a blast! I will make sure the posting dates and trip dates are displayed properly, this was my first TR. I stayed up for a while to write it before I forgot all of the major details of the events that took place.

Great trip report.Glad you enjoyed it and thank you for sharing with us.