new flat ride location?

BeastForever

I went to KI yesterday and noticed a great location for a new flat ride. The open area between The Beast and The Crypt could easily suit. If they just matched the wooded, old western theme of Rivertown with the ride it would be a great addition to the park.

Has anyone else noticed this location?

huh.gif

• Like 1

They could put flats in almost any area of the park. My opinion is KI has enough coasters for awhile. Only way I would want another is one that would travel all the way around the park which I know will never happen. Bring in a few flats each year. there is a lot of land that can be used. I know some of it is swamp however they can revamp lots of areas and expand.

This actually kills me to say this but get rid of Timberwolf. There are only a few venues there each summer and as time goes on those venues will move on as everything does. Wow, I have many many memories in that place. But get rid of it.

I actually haven't really seen that area.

I know they have enough water rides, but there they could add a log flume named "Rivertown Rapids". I can't think of any flat rides to go with the theme of Rivertown.

Rivertown already has White Water Canyon for a water ride. Also, then there would be three water rides really close together. We don't need anymore water rides because we have 3 different kinds of water rides...

• Congo Falls- a boat water ride

• White Water Canyon- a raft water ride

• Race For Your Life Charlie Brown- a log flume water ride

• Like 1

Were in need of a nice new high thrilling flat. Honestly. There are four VERY nice area's in which you could expand for a flat

1) Mentioned above. Entrance area would be where you start The Beast backstage tour.

2) Old FC site(take down the games and the abandoned snack shack.

3) X-Base... Nuff' said.

4) The land in Action Zone right in front of SOB. Take out go-carts/ Make room in between Delirium and go-carts for entrance. Lots of room there for a good flat.

Just my thoughts :)

Rivertown already has White Water Canyon for a water ride. Also, then there would be three water rides really close together. We don't need anymore water rides because we have 3 different kinds of water rides...

Not too long ago, there was a third water ride in Rivertown... Kenton Cove Keelboat Canal. There's several of us on here that miss that ride, even if it was close to two others... sad.gif

Not too long ago, there was a third in water ride in Rivertown... Kenton Cove Keelboat Canal. There's several of us on here that miss that ride, even if it was close to two others... sad.gif

Me, Me, Me. I miss that ride Gary! smile.gif

I've said for years that Coney Mall needs a flat ride overhaul. I'd love for them to bring back the Midway flair by adding in some classics now absent from the park... modern versions of the Tilt-O Whirl, Flying Bobs, Teacups, Flying Carpet, Trabant, etc.

For a cool million they could put in at least 3 or 4 of those, and obviously there's plenty of room.

Shaggy

This actually kills me to say this but get rid of Timberwolf. There are only a few venues there each summer and as time goes on those venues will move on as everything does. Wow, I have many many memories in that place. But get rid of it.

Agreed, it just isnt worth it, and that is a great place for a flat ride.

I think KI needs a round-up. My church's festival has one this year, and I loved it! KI could also add some other flats at the same time.

I'm glad Holiday World still has their round up. What happened to KI's?

Apparently, no one really knows. Back in those days, tracking rides wasn't done to the extent it is now. It was probably sold to a carnival or another park, but that question has been posed here before, without a satisfactory answer.

And at one point in time, there was the Zodiac, a double Ferris Wheel from Intamin, on the site that became home to Flight Commander, and the Eurobungy. Also note that KI did not have a Eurobungy Dome. They had the standard Eurobungy. Coney Island has a Eurobungy Dome.

One thing to note about Ferris Wheel`s, is that capacity is not great. Typically only one (or a few on the larger wheels like Cedar Points) cars can be loaded at a time. It takes about ten minutes to load all twelve cars on Coney`s Ferris Wheel.

I think KI needs a round-up. My church's festival has one this year, and I loved it! KI could also add some other flats at the same time.

I'm glad Holiday World still has their round up. What happened to KI's?

Apparently, no one really knows. Back in those days, tracking rides wasn't done to the extent it is now. It was probably sold to a carnival or another park, but that question has been posed here before, without a satisfactory answer.

That's one of the few I haven't been able to track either. I suspect it was scrapped (as were others around that time...Tumble Bug, Cuddle Up.) It was actually called Halley's Comet, and was relocated from Coney Island to KI and then moved within KI at least once. It bit the dust sometime around the time they began construction on The Bat.

Shaggy

Speaking of flats, my company picnic is at Coney tomorrow. I walked into work today with a guy in my department and he asked me if we were going, I said yes. He asked "Since you go to Kings Island so much, doesn't Coney seem 'ghetto' to you? I mean, at KI you have The Beast, and Coney just has the Python." I told him "No, we love going to little parks that have different rides."

People tend to undervalue the fun that can be had on traditional flats. Mrs. Gator, GatorGirl and I love tilt-a-whirls, trabants, flying bobs, ferris wheels, giant slides & scramblers (and if you've never ridden the Scrambler at Coney... KI's pales in comparison!). I would love to see some at KI... so many have been taken out over the years. When I look back to what was there in the 70's when I was a kid compared to now... so many fun rides now gone. I can't argue much with the choices they've made in ride installations over the years (with a very few exceptions), but I wish they could have kept a lot of the old rides too *cough*FlyingEagles*cough* like other parks have managed to do.

There was a trend a number of years ago where various parks begin to re-install some of the long-lost flat ride favorites. Several of the Six Flags parks installed flat ride packages, and most notably Hersheypark installed Midway USA which brought back many, MANY of the old favs. I had hoped, no, prayed, KI would do so too.

But then... there is always the future... ;-)

The argument with flat rides in a high volume park is always capacity. KI could never get away with installing, say, only a ferris wheel. However a package of rides is quite suitable. Just two or three years ago, I had my fingers crossed that KI would get the flats from Geauga Lake. Instead, KD got a few of them, while others bit the dust. I was bummed over that one. In the meantime, KD is far superior to KI in the flat ride dept. Wonderland, though, is chock full of them... and they keep them in amazing operating condition.

Shaggy

We went to Hersheypark last year we loved the amount of flats they had. This was one of the parks that I had in mind when I posted about other parks keeping flats... of course I didn't know that they hadn't been kept at HP, but had been newly installed.

The argument with flat rides in a high volume park is always capacity. KI could never get away with installing, say, only a ferris wheel. However a package of rides is quite suitable.

Thank you for this. I was going to head in this direction in my last post, but couldn't come up with a way to word it without sounding negative, so I deleted it. Traditional flats installed in a park like KI would be a capacity nightmare, but if there were several (or just a couple) put in at the same time, that would help alleviate that problem. Much like what they did in 1986 by installing Zephyr and Skylab at the same time.

Bring back Der Spinning Kegs, Zephyr and Sky-Lab.

Ummm.... Zephyr's still there... wink.gif

We went to Hersheypark last year we loved the amount of flats they had. This was one of the parks that I had in mind when I posted about other parks keeping flats... of course I didn't know that they hadn't been kept at HP, but had been newly installed.

The argument with flat rides in a high volume park is always capacity. KI could never get away with installing, say, only a ferris wheel. However a package of rides is quite suitable.

Thank you for this. I was going to head in this direction in my last post, but couldn't come up with a way to word it without sounding negative, so I deleted it. Traditional flats installed in a park like KI would be a capacity nightmare, but if there were several (or just a couple) put in at the same time, that would help alleviate that problem. Much like what they did in 1986 by installing Zephyr and Skylab at the same time.

Bring back Der Spinning Kegs, Zephyr and Sky-Lab.

Ummm.... Zephyr's still there... wink.gif

I always get my "Z" rides mixed up... forgive me, typo it was... Zodiac was meant :-)