Flight of Fear

Whales_Rock

So I went to Kings Island with a good amount of people from my school, and we rode FOF once, but no one liked it or wanted to go back on, even though the line was only 20 minutes! Whoever I go with doesn't seem to like it or never wants to go back on, and I think they're crazy because I love FOF!

Am I alone? I mean it wouldn't have such long lines all the time if no one liked it. So does any one else consider Flight of Fear their favorite ride?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love front seat on Flight of Fear. The only thing I don't like about it is going into cobra roll... It's a little rough.

Have you ever tried 5-1 on Vortex?

5-1 is truly amazing. I rode in that seat about a week ago and it was VERY smooth. However, from what i have just learned after visiting the park today, I recommend NOBODY ride in Vortex 4-1. I thought "one row up should'nt make much of a difference", but that was probably one of the roughest rides on Vortex i've been on.

I know, a little off topic......

By the way FoF is in my top 5. biggrin.gif

Flight of Fear is definitely in my top ten, because it's an experience. I wouldn't ever consider Joker's Jinx in my top 10, or even 50. There's something about the full experience, the darkness, the colored lights, the music, the tension, the mystery, the build-up, the everything... It's one of those "medium-sized" rides that, for better or worse, we won't see at Kings Island anymore. If Cedar Fair had bought the park any earlier, we might've ended up with a Joker's Jinx, and it just wouldn't be the same.

Great parks are made of big huge thrill rides and smaller, well-themed rides. With Cedar Fair and Paramount, we ended up (thus far) with a nice combination and a world-class collection. It's a good thing.

Does anybody else think that riding FOF with the lights on would be amazing? I do..

I've ridden it both with the lights on and with the lights off, and I mean ALL the lights off. No show lights or anything. Riding it in pitch black is the freakiest thing ever, because you have NO CLUE where you're at or where you're going.

I actually like FOF better than Diamondback. Yes, you heard me right. BETTER than Diamondback. But only because of the whole experience and added theme to it. I love D-Back because it's smooth and gives out amazing amounts of airtime, but FOF is a twisted, mangled mess of a coaster that's indoors and is themed to a government conspiracy reminiscent of the cheesy 50s B-movie alien/monster flicks (cheesy sci-fi music and all).

It's one of the better coasters at Kings Island but probably not even in my top 30. Someone mentioned it'd be fun with the lights on... I've ridden with the lights on, lights completely off, show lights on, light on the first half than off the second, and flickered. All in one day too :P

Does anybody else think that riding FOF with the lights on would be amazing? I do..

Been there done that many of times Ive also rode with the Lights Flickering on and off to now thats what I call a Good FOF ride.