Somebody amputated the Beast!

MagnumFan

The park played a video for The Beast`s 25th anniversary. It ran on the QTVs in The Beast`s line and featured information on the construction of the ride. It also included one of the first commercials that was aired on local tv promoting the new ride. The park played the video for several seasons (its first season was 2004 when The Beast turned 25). Now, there are practically no QTVs left in the park (save for Flight of Fear`s). And the tvs that do remain are located in The Beast`s station, have no audio and have been airing ESPN this season.

I'm pretty there was a preshow in 04' because with that I also remember the '25 Years of Terror' sign

The "pre-show" mentioned above was actually simply a 25th anniversary video the park made for the ride. It played on the Q-tvs that were in the line at the time for a few years. The coaster never had a "pre-show" persay.

In reference to the claw marks... yes, the trains were given "claw" marks for the 1999 20th Anniversary. I was on The Beast crew that season, and am the owner of one of the claw decals.

Finally, the paw prints were painted on the existing pavers before. They wear off, typically, halfway through the season due to foot traffic and general weather wear.

Shaggy

I asked several ride operators when the changes went into place, but seeing as they were all 18-20 years old they had no idea what I was talking about.

I am 29 and if I were one of the hard working ride ops on this board, I'd raise my eyebrow at that one. My son is 12 and knows so much more Kings Island trivia that I will never know or care about. Just a heads-up that there are ride ops that frequent this board that could very well be 18 years old and know all about the ride... Just sayin. I wish you had a more knowledgeable crew when you needed one, but young workers can be coaster aficionados, too. :P