Flight Deck Wikipedia Page

LordSkippy

Was looking at the Flight Deck Wikipedia page and saw this...

Flight Deck's old trains are replaced by floorless trains designed by Vekoma for the entire 2011 season.

Did I miss something, or did someone post a rumor on Wikipedia again?

Guest rcfreak339

The only way that FD would get Vekoma trains is if KI bought them from a park with a defunct Vekoma coaster because Vekoma has been bankrupt for 9 years...

correct me if I'm wrong.

You are perhaps thinking of Arrow?

^ I think it's so funny seeing S&S "selling" 4th Dimension coasters and the like...! Never thought I'd see the day! Has a Freefly Coaster ever been installed anywhere? I'd love to see one in action... I don't think it'll catch on like suspended coasters, but its definitely a unique family coaster...

And Vekoma is moving ahead nicely. For example, see the new trains for Carolina Cobra. For Battlestar Galactica, they even duplicated B&Ms signature four-across seating, and the ride itself is LSM launched... I mean, that's not a great example since the ride has been closed for a few months and isn't expected to open soon since the trains are being dismantled or something, but still... Vekoma is up and at 'em, and doing well.

Guest Millennium

I don't think that's happening..the fact that KI won't give it a paint job after several years (and it looks HORRIBLE) makes me think they don't care about the ride that much.

Hopefully it wasn't anybody here that posted that on Wikipedia, because you know how we've been talking about the floorless trains a lot.

I said this in another thread; I will not believe anything until it is official. I will not believe rumors.

In 2007 someone edited Kings Islands wikipedia page saying "In 2009 Kings Island will receive a B&M Hyper coaster in the Rivertown section of the park". The comment had no sources either.

Not saying this rumor by anymeans is true, but it might not be entirely false either.

EDIT: Ok who vandalized WIkipedia and put "also new for 2011 will include a new name, The Flying Turd". I laughed so hard I nearly fell out of my chair.

Now if only someone would convince Dick Kinzle to put these on Vortex:

http://www.vekoma.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=94&Itemid=1

No Kidding, The Vortex could def use some more modern trains. Though it won't help the rough transitions that Arrow mega loopers tend to have, I could deal with seats that promote more space and less head banging!

In 2007 someone edited Kings Islands wikipedia page saying "In 2009 Kings Island will receive a B&M Hyper coaster in the Rivertown section of the park". The comment had no sources either.

Not saying this rumor by anymeans is true, but it might not be entirely false either.

EDIT: Ok who vandalized WIkipedia and put "also new for 2011 will include a new name, The Flying Turd". I laughed so hard I nearly fell out of my chair.

That's hilarious!laugh.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_Deck_(Kings_Island)