Flight Deck Wikipedia Page

LordSkippy

new trains would be a relatively inexpensive way to renew interest in the ride. I'm kind of lukewarm to it now... i would ride a floor-less version a time or two. Although, and someone mentioned it earlier... it's been a fortnight since it has received a new layer of color. it looks terrible- almost like, "should I be riding this?" terrible. Someone I know who works for one of KI's contractors- not the dipping dots guy- said that they haven't spent money on it because it is an annual discussion as to whether they will remove it in the next 12 months. Same person said that SOB's problems likely saved FD this year.

and- oh, the old Top Gun pictures. I kinda miss those. Tom Cruise when he wasn't 4 quarters short of a dollar.

I just got back from KI. I checked out the Flight Deck area thoroughly, I didn't even find any flower pots, let alone any footings that weren't there before. There was a pile of broken up concrete in the middle of the valley, though, and the grass underneath it has been cut.

Best rumor thread ever!

Very truesmile.gif . But I don't think that FD should have new trains just take the money and dump it into the "new roller coaster for KI fund". LOL!!!

There are those who think that is where the Flight Deck and Racer painting money went, along with the Son of Beast operations, maintenance and insurance fund...

Best rumor thread ever!

Very truesmile.gif . But I don't think that FD should have new trains just take the money and dump it into the "new roller coaster for KI fund". LOL!!!

There are those who think that is where the Flight Deck and Racer painting money went, along with the Son of Beast operations, maintenance and insurance fund...

Last I heard, it was going into the CEO's paycheck.laugh.gif

I was at the park yesterday and noticed more of these covers to the right of the best queue and one other next to the queue for Backlot Stunt Coaster. I also noticed that they are not sewer vents they are plastic covers covering footers some of the covers are easy to move up a little and others I was able to take off the footers all the way. I also noticed that most of the footers are old but there were a Couple footers that i have never seen before and looked new so Kings Island might be adding new items to some of the queues.

ok. So I gotta say: why WOULD they change the trains? I mean sure, interest, ride count, etc, but it is now one of a kind- the only one left(I think...) and wouldn't they want to preserve it, as is? Just think about it. If Camden Park had gotten new trains for The Big Dipper, then would it be what it is now? I was only there maybe 5 times total, and really, I have great memories becauses the part we see the longest(for the most part), the trains we sit in/on, were unlike any other I'd ever seen/rode. Granted, many people will think that changing it would make it better, etc, but someone also thought changing the name to "Flight Deck" would make it...(insert word here), and most people still call it Top Gun(including me).

I'm just saying.

and for the record, your professors(and mine) don't tell you to NEVER USE WIKIPEDIA because it's got the most reliable information. ;)

deb

Iron Dragon at Cedar Point and Vortex at Canada's Wonderland still use the same swinging trains.

And don't get me started on the name changes... On a side note, last time I rode the Flight Deck sticker was peeling off. Gave the ride a nice cheap feel.

Took a ride on the go karts at King's Island to help me forget... yep at King's Island.

Sorry from time to time I have relapses of my displeasure over the new ride names :P

Best rumor thread ever!

Very true. But I don't think that FD should have new trains just take the money and dump it into the "new roller coaster for KI fund". LOL!!!

Last I heard, it was going into the CEO's paycheck. :lol:

^ No, the $4 dollar Cokes are going into the CEO's paycheck. ;)

Iron Dragon at Cedar Point and Vortex at Canada's Wonderland still use the same swinging trains.

And don't get me started on the name changes... On a side note, last time I rode the Flight Deck sticker was peeling off. Gave the ride a nice cheap feel.

Took a ride on the go karts at King's Island to help me forget... yep at King's Island.

Sorry from time to time I have relapses of my displeasure over the new ride names :P

I have heard that "King's Island Motor Speedway" was intentional, and not an error. I've also heard that the peeling wallpaper in BBoBH's queue was "theming". Take it for what it is...

38-thunder-alley.jpg_920.jpg

Notice the apostrophe.

I have heard that "King's Island Motor Speedway" was intentional, and not an error. I've also heard that the peeling wallpaper in BBoBH's queue was "theming". Take it for what it is...

Well of course because they definitely wouldn't have approved that sign after their very long thought out renaming process, or opened up an "all-new dark ride experience" if those hadn't been intentional... I heard the Tower Gardens were intentionally themed to a drought. :rolleyes: