KI's next coaster?

BeastForever

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't see it happening, at least anytime soon, but i think it would be really neat for Kings Island to be the first to have either a launching wooden coaster, or an invert with a catapult launch similar to the ones on kingda ka and top thrill dragster.

sorry if there already is an invert like that, and if there is, i would still like to see one at Kings Island.

as terpy once said; all launching is, is braking in reverse. i don't think it would be painful to ride though, yet then again, i'm the one that gets some of the funniest looks after saying that there has only been one time i've ridden Son of Beast and actually had a painful ride. :)

also, aren't the timberliners the first wooden roller coaster trains with the ability to be launched?

Another Maverick in the state of Ohio? It seems to me that the rides that are "inspired by" Cedar Point favorites will continue to go to other states, as Intimidator did. Maverick is a world-renowned coaster, and though it may increase the number of people who say "Well hey, let's go to both!" when they're in the vicinity of one, it would probably do just as well if not better if a "Maverick" was added to Knott's or Canada's Wonderland..

Intamin launchers cover a broad range of rides, granted. But to have a terrain-hugging, bucking-bronco style LIM launch with a drop greater than 90 degrees and a launch track in the center etc... That might not happen again in the state of Ohio.

Guest Millennium

I think we should get a B&M Invert similar to Montu or Alpengeist.

I LOVE Dive Machines too, just lots of fun, but since Busch is the only company that can run them (correct me if I'm wrong) I doubt we will see one soon.

I think it will be an Intamin in 2012. Hopefully a launcher of some sort. I would love to see another Maverick type ride.

Posted from my HTC EVO 4g

lol, does it do that automatically, or are you trying to show off? :rolleyes:

I just want a B&M invert. I don't want a wooden coaster, not any kind. We have one of the best wooden coasters in the world already, and they tried to top it once and look how that turned out? The Racer and The Beast are good enough to fill the quota on wooden coasters for the park.

I want a B&M Invert. Honestly its ridiculous that Paramount never brought us one! I can't tell you how dissapointed I was when I first saw Face Off in 1998. I never read much of a description of it, I just thought it was a full circuit invert and I was like "Finally we got one", then I show up and see that little thing in front of the park. I think my first words were "I feel ripped off". Though over time I actually grew to like Face Off/Invertigo, I'd still like to see a full circuit one built.

I would prefer B&M over a Vekoma SLC. Honestly I'm thinking the best place for it is on the land where Son of Beast sits right now. I think it would be a great edition to Action Zone, and unlike Sonny, it wouldn't be broke down or closed due to an incident all the time. They could use the loading queue from Son of Beast for it!

I LOVE Dive Machines too, just lots of fun, but since Busch is the only company that can run them (correct me if I'm wrong) I doubt we will see one soon.

http://www.rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&ml=6803

Unless they somehow have a contract that only is in place in America that I don't know of, I think you might be wrong... There are six Dive Machines in the world, and only two are in Busch Parks... Again, maybe they do have an exclusive contract in the United States, but I've never heard of one... Wasn't it famously predicted that Diamondback was a Dive Machine? You'd think that, if such a contract publically existed, that idea would've been shot down and wouldn't have become the big rumor that it did.

Maverick? If that's it, you MUST try the front seat.

The rest of it is, in my opinion, unremarkable, and that's being kind...

i've ridden maverick in every row, 1-6, and have yet to find a seat that made the ride thrilling for me, is there a difference between the left and right seat experience?

If we can't have a invert, a dive machine or a floorless would be cool. And yes I know there are "floorless diving machines" i'm meaning something more like Dominator that is actually designed from the ground up to be a floorless and not a diving machine.

On that note, I kinda wish they would of given us dominator instead of Firehawk.

I think we should get a B&M Invert similar to Montu or Alpengeist.

There are 6 http://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&ml=6803

Not a one of which is in the United States of America and run by someone other than Busch...

Now, IF there were an exclusive contract, it doubtless would be limited to a set term of years...and the longer that term, the more said contract would have cost. If there were, that is...

I suppose I'm sort of inclined to believe there's an unannounced contract in place... Dive Machines are pretty cheap (SheiKra was $13 million, and the larger, taller, faster Griffon was $15) and seem like huge draws... To me, I feel like Cedar Fair or Six Flags would have built one by now if they could have...

If you ask me, I imagine the reason why only Busch has dive machines in the US is because they are probably seen by Six Flags and Cedar Fair as "trend" coasters just like stand ups, and they'd rather have something more proven like inverts or Hypers. I know i was upset when I found out Diamondback was going to be a hyper instead of a dive machine, but in hindsight and after riding, I can honestly say I'm glad we got a hyper instead of a Dive, though to be fair I've never ridden a Dive Machine either. Anyway yeah I'm pulling for an Invert more than anything, its something I've always wanted KI to get and they never did throughout the whole Paramount era. I'm not sure why either... did they not see the popularity in this type of coaster? did they not see how Batman - the Ride was so good at Great America that they built several clones of it at other Six Flags parks? Did they not see the great reviews Raptor at Cedar Point got?

Having a good invert is almost a staple at parks these days, and Kings Island needs one!