KI's next coaster?

BeastForever

Why can't there be a Hyperdive Machine? Just imagine - a first 200+ foot drop, and out-and-back layout of airtime hills, hammerhead turn, a few more hills, a block brake, a second vertical drop, inversion, splashdown, breaks.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ask me, I imagine the reason why only Busch has dive machines in the US is because they are probably seen by Six Flags and Cedar Fair as "trend" coasters just like stand ups, and they'd rather have something more proven like inverts or Hypers. I know i was upset when I found out Diamondback was going to be a hyper instead of a dive machine, but in hindsight and after riding, I can honestly say I'm glad we got a hyper instead of a Dive, though to be fair I've never ridden a Dive Machine either. Anyway yeah I'm pulling for an Invert more than anything, its something I've always wanted KI to get and they never did throughout the whole Paramount era. I'm not sure why either... did they not see the popularity in this type of coaster? did they not see how Batman - the Ride was so good at Great America that they built several clones of it at other Six Flags parks? Did they not see the great reviews Raptor at Cedar Point got?

Having a good invert is almost a staple at parks these days, and Kings Island needs one!

You do realize there is a smaller version of Batman at what was then Paramount's Great America in California, right?

Why can't there be a Hyperdive Machine? Just imagine - a first 200+ foot drop, and out-and-back layout of airtime hills, hammerhead turn, a few more hills, a block brake, a second vertical drop, inversion, splashdown, breaks.

I could see that. That would be an awesome ride!

Breaks? Freudian slip?

^ Terp here used the wrong "their" in a post earlier and silly little me thought 'I'm sure he wouldn't correct my mistakes, so I won't embarass him!' How wrong I was! <_< Haha though I suppose you have a good point with mine.

Not trying to be rude, just saying, its in Cali, not Ohio. But you do have a point.

And that park in Cali may have been cheesed at one point or another that Kings Island got all the "good rides." Do they have a Flight of Fear? A Beast? A Tomb Raider? That particular park is now fighting to stay open, and certainly is envious of us for some of the things we have that they don't.

you forgot the trims, what Cedar Fair owned ride could possibly be complete without them? :rolleyes:

I don't want a coaster of that style anyway. Hey its an odd looking hill... and thats about it! TTD duration listing on RCDB: 30 seconds. Now granted I've never rode TTD or Kingda ka and I'm sure they are fun, but at 30 seconds they are over before they started... its basically an over glorified Drop Tower!

20 seconds? Its not even that. Maybe counting the waiting before the launch and after the break.

As for record breaking, I cannot see us with anything record breaking in height or speed. Maybe a new type of ride or an idea never implemented into a ride before, but not record breaking. Cedar Fair has to keep those ideas for their own park.

20 seconds? Its not even that. Maybe counting the waiting before the launch and after the break.

As for record breaking, I cannot see us with anything record breaking in height or speed. Maybe a new type of ride or an idea never implemented into a ride before, but not record breaking. Cedar Fair has to keep those ideas for their own park.

Sadly I think the "30 seconds" is counting loading and unloading. Yeah I can see it being quicker than 10 seconds.

It was an estimated guess...don't freak out

rolleyes.gif

Since when did he "freak out".....?

Anyways, I agree with all the above posts. Even though TTD or Kingda Ka are great rides, and very exciting, they're just very expensive for such a short ride. I said this earlier, and I'll say it again. I don't even like them, because they scare the crap out of me!!tongue.gif

yeah and I imagine after the gigantic investment that Diamondback was, the park isn't spending that much on a coaster for quite some time. Thats why I see a B&M invert as the next coaster. Not saying they are "cheap" by they are cheaper than hypers, and dramatically cheaper than the 20 second ride terracoasters!

Honestly, I don't think any coaster will be built to be taller or faster than Kingda Ka for loooooong time. At least not in this economy...

there are two coasters right now slated to be faster than kingda ka, they just haven't got that fast yet, i don't think.