TV ALERT..Bert The Conqueror Visits CP

does he get to skip to the front of the lines? if not, he better hope he's there on a dead day.

i don't think it would be that difficult to ride four roller coasters in less than one hour, especially if you didn't have to wait in lines.

just a question, it says four of the tallest and fastest roller coasters in the world, does that mean the four are top thrill, millie, magnum, and wicked twister?

They filmed this last season. I'm not exactly sure how it actually worked, but I know they had exclusive ride time to get shots of people riding the rides. I know a few people who were chosen to be part of it.

^^i was thinking the same exact thing while watching it.

i think it was made up, just because of his "strategic plan" to get all of the rides in. he walked pass top thrill four times before even riding it, and then he took the complete opposite path he should have to get from wicked twister to millennium force.

I didn't watch the show, because the inaccuracy of the coaster shows on TV drive me insane.. Riding Millie, Maggie, TTD, and Twister in 1 hour is a challenge?? ROFL. Apparently Maverick isn't a challenge, and neither is Skyscraper?

It's no challenge when you go on a cloudy Tuesday or Sunday. I clearly remember July 5 last year when I spent 13 hours at CP and got nearly 40 rides in that day and still had time for a walk on the beach. Closing day was pretty much the same story. Go on the right day and you can walk on to everything, yes, even Maverick. I'd like to see Mr. TV Show attempt HALF of some of the things I've done.

I think the rollback was planned. He even asked if it ever did not make it to the top before he rode it. Also, he had like 4 minutes and 10 seconds rite before the first launch. Does it take only four minutes to reset?

You can't plan a roll back on Top Thrill Dragster. It either happens many times a day, or it doesn't happen at all. Most people who never ridden Dragster ask if it has never made it to the top.

Was it just me or was his route through the park completely nonsensical? I realize that, for dramatic effect, they wanted Dragster to be last, but if one was concerned about beating the clock they would have probably taken a more efficient route (i.e, Wicked, Millenium, Dragster, Magnum or some combination thereof). Other than that, I also thought his expressions were a bit exaggerated, but nonetheless I liked the show! Now Leah and I want to get one of those shirts (even though they probably only made one for the show lol)!

I liked the show a lot but it was pretty corny. His expressions were also extremely fake! Who makes that face on MaXair?!? I think that is a very calming ride. But over all I liked it and couldn't believe he got a rollback on TTD. I thought it was planned at first but then I thought about it and I knew that they couldn't make that happen.

Need I remind you that this was a show, and they edited it for entertainment value, not to accurately depict the park and its midways. (Remember how many time the Brady Bunch circled the park trying to return to the front of the park with the set of missing plans?)

Incidentally, the late Jim Knippenberg did a challenge at KI back around 2002 or 2004, in which he and three other people went to Kings Island on a Saturday in the middle of the summer. Their challenge was to ride EVERY adult ride in the park in one day. They succeeded and Jim wrote a nice article about it. Over the years, Mr. Knippenberg wrote several nice coaster articles, some of which included visits to every amusement park in the states of Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio.

I found an off-ride video of him when he got a "near-stall" (As it's called in the video) and you can see him trying to push it over. It's really funny. Just search "Bert Dragster near stall" or something like that on Youtube.

I really like the show. I think it's really funny, even if it is fake.

Finally saw this today and it was very silly. He isn't a very good actor either, lol. The big swing he rode on seems very fun though. Seeing the show though I really wish I could ride Delirium cause it looks fun as well. Sadly if I was to do it my park trip would be over. Spinning just kills me, sucks cause I miss out on some fun rides.