Trams

Purplehaze

Any more, I actually wouldn't be all that surprised if they did come back. Things much less expensive than $20 million dollar rides (although there's nothing wrong with them!) can do a lot to improve someone's experience in the park.

Guest IceCream329

They took them out because of the metal detectors installed back in 03, having that and the trams would have really cramped the entrance area...making it unpleasant!!

^ O yes some would, sadly they would

Very sad but your right.

There are those who gladly would have paid for that...as they had disabled relatives and/or friends who would have come to the park IF there had been trams...paid or not...Some people have difficulty walking but don't (in some cases, yet) own their own wheelchairs...and the park, like most, will not allow rental chairs out of the park itself, not even in the parking lot (for fairly obvious reasons, sadly).

I know where it is only a dollar i believe

That's sad. If employees aren't even allowed free soda, any hope for all you can drink soda being included with admission is very slim. Then again, water is a better choice for hydration anywho.

I think they could make money if they got some of those limo golf carts that hold like 9 people you see at some malls and charged a dollar a person to take them to their car. Those would still fit in the old tram area without issues. I would not use it to go to the gold lot, but if I was parked way out and gotten blisters on my feet (like I did a few times ago) it would be worth it. Just a thought!

Very sad but your right.

There are those who gladly would have paid for that...as they had disabled relatives and/or friends who would have come to the park IF there had been trams...paid or not...Some people have difficulty walking but don't (in some cases, yet) own their own wheelchairs...and the park, like most, will not allow rental chairs out of the park itself, not even in the parking lot (for fairly obvious reasons, sadly).

That's sad. If employees aren't even allowed free soda, any hope for all you can drink soda being included with admission is very slim. Then again, water is a better choice for hydration anywho.

You are so right terpy, There are more people than we think, I have a few family members who need these trams. My mom and dad visit the park weekly. It takes them a few hours to just make it around the park after taking many breaks for health reasons. On the way out of the park they always say they wish the trams were there for them. I think people forget the fact that KI is visited my many patrons from every walk of life. Everyone there is not there to ride a coaster. Actually my parents said they would go to the park twice a week if they had trams.

I consider the trams part of the ride experience. Going to Kings Island as a kid in the mid 70's and riding the trams to the front gate added to the excitement. When the park closed it did not matter if the car was in the first few rows we always rode the tram. A great way to end the day when you were tuckered out from a long day.

Very sad but your right.

You are so right terpy, There are more people than we think, I have a few family members who need these trams. My mom and dad visit the park weekly. It takes them a few hours to just make it around the park after taking many breaks for health reasons. On the way out of the park they always say they wish the trams were there for them. I think people forget the fact that KI is visited my many patrons from every walk of life. Everyone there is not there to ride a coaster. Actually my parents said they would go to the park twice a week if they had trams.

I consider the trams part of the ride experience. Going to Kings Island as a kid in the mid 70's and riding the trams to the front gate added to the excitement. When the park closed it did not matter if the car was in the first few rows we always rode the tram. A great way to end the day when you were tuckered out from a long day.

Boy, was I wrong! tongue.gif

Some of the reasons eliminating the trams would be the cost of fuel, cost of repairs and up keep, liability insurance, labor costs and the congestion the front entrance would be with the installed metal detectors.

I agree with you but do not forget the trams ran for many many years while the ticket booths were where the metal detectors are.

I dont think they will, they probably cost KI a lot of gas money, and in this economy...tongue.gif

I agree on costs...let's add a monorail system! I'm sure there are a few cars back by the safari graveyard!!! That's right, it can be done!!!wink.gif Run them on solar power!

Odd that while most Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks have eliminated their trams, Holiday World's runs every operating day, as do the ones at Busch Gardens, Disney, etc. Eliminating the trams might very well have been penny wise and nickel foolish...It should be noted that eliminating Kings Island's trams was not a Cedar Fair decision, but not re-instating them is...Doing nothing is a choice...not just inertia.

Odd that while most Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks have eliminated their trams, Holiday World's runs every operating day, as do the ones at Busch Gardens, Disney, etc. Eliminating the trams might very well have been penny wise and nickel foolish...It should be noted that eliminating Kings Island's trams was not a Cedar Fair decision, but not re-instating them is...Doing nothing is a choice...not just inertia.

Which Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks still have trams? I know the Busch Grardens have trams but do any of the SeaWorld parks?

I dont think they will, they probably cost KI a lot of gas money, and in this economy...tongue.gif

I agree on costs...let's add a monorail system! I'm sure there are a few cars back by the safari graveyard!!! That's right, it can be done!!!wink.gif Run them on solar power!

Nope here is an Image of what use to be KI Monorail.

oscar-event-center-and-monorail-at-.jpg

Jungle Jims now owns it and is installing them

• 9 years later...