Helicopter Tour?

KingsIslandNinja

There were two different rides available. One basically flew over the park and surrounding area...it cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $25 a person. The other went downtown and back...and was closer to $100. Pricing varied based on demand...and apparently the concession (it was an outside vendor) was not as profitable as had been hoped...and so it went.

And if I remember correctly, neighboring residents got up in arms about the noise created by the helicopter tours. I believe that 2000 was the first year that they were offered.

You should see my grandma, she lives in a neighborhood by Kings Island. She complains about hearing the roller coasters and the screaming <_<.

well i wouldnt mind the noise of the amusement park because i would go to the park almost every day but it would get annoying if you just live there and dont go to the amusement park

You mean like me? I live literally 4 miles away. I hear the fireworks every night. Sometimes I can see them on a good night. I remember sometimes hearing the helicopter faintly whenever I was out. I couldn't imagen if you were a resident of Landen Lake. That would be highly annoying hearing it every day. Fly over head. Glad I live 4 miles away. :) I escape the screaming of thrills, but not the lighting chills of the fireworks. :)

HTCO, attempting poetry

You should see my grandma, she lives in a neighborhood by Kings Island. She complains about hearing the roller coasters and the screaming dry.gif.

When did she move in to that house? If it was pre-1972, she would have a valid argument. If it was after that, and she moved in knowing full well that she was an amusement park in the vicinity, she has no argument in my opinion.

Nothing against your grandma, but I never understood the complaints the park gets from residents in the area about noise. It comes with living near an amusement park!

I live close enough that I can (faintly) hear the fireworks from inside my house, of course it's a little louder when I'm outside. I love it!