Jeffrey Siebert: RELOADED

RyanA

In Spring 2004, RE Studios, in association with PKIUnlimited.Com, will release Jeffrey Siebert: RELOADED, a Paramount's Kings Island based game. Players will be able to choose from two characters, the returning Jeffrey Siebert, and newcomer Charles Infosino, author of the PKI Guidebook. In addition to the game's two stories, each character will have a side game available from the start of the game. The game will appear exclusively at PKIUnlimited.Com, and will only be available for download in the password protected section of the site, which can be accessed after purchasing a PKIUnlimited.Com t-shirt.

Edited by RyanA

As Ryan said, the new Jeff Siebert game will only be available with the All Access pass that one receives when purchasing a PKI Unlimited.com T-Shirt. The All Access Pass will get you into the password section with exclusive videos, the Jeff Siebert game, an exclusive message board, along with more coaster coverage beyond PKI. I will be making further announcements regarding the All Access Pass site as we progress in developing it.

The reason as to why the next Jeff Siebert game will be for the All Access Pass area only is because the game is a very large file. Since it is such a large file, it costs us much more money in bandwidth to host, and we feel that those who contribute in some way by supporting this website financially, whether making a donation, or buying a t-shirt, should get exclusive access to special features of the site because of their generosity.

Edited by Aaron

I think that technically it will be illegal for you to put this game in a password section that you have to pay to get into. I believe that that would probably border on copyright infringment since you are using PKI's name in the game (without permission from viacom) and making people pay to get it.

Actually, it is not illegal since we are not selling the game, we are selling t-shirts. The game along with many other features are free to people who buy a PKIU t-shirt, or contributes in some way to PKIU. By making the game available to only those who buy t-shirts, the profits from the t-shirts helps pay for the bandwidth that hosting the game will produce.

.....and it's illegal to charge YOU for using THIS SITE'S bandwidth, how???/

Point is, this stuff isn't free. They take up valuable time and money all for your enjoyment. The game isn't being sold, it's just going to be hosted in a special area so that its access is limited. Do you like PKIU? do you want to be able to keep visiting? Like I said, everything gets expensive. In this day and age, conservation is the key. By purchasing a t-shirt, you are in essence becoming an "All-Access Member" with access to all the cool stuff. It just helps pay for the space and bandwidth....

-Josh ph34r.gif

Edited by ChorusOfOne

Actually just doing anything with copyrighted material for sale of free is copyright infringement unless you have permission. This site is copyright infringement unless they have perimission. Its just the fact of whether or not they are gonna actually care about it. Most likley they wont. I dont like the fact that they are making us buy shirts to get it (as of yet anyway still wanna see what all the content is they are gonna do) but its their site and they are welcome to do what they want with it. smile.gif

Edited by TheRickster

Yes, it actually is not infringement unless I was to charge people to use the game. In which case I'm not, I'm simply allowing a site to host it, however, I requested permission from PKI through Jeffrey Siebert earlier this year to use pictures, names, etc. in PKI related games and was allowed permission. Through this site, and the game, PKI gets alot of free marketing, so I doubt they mind.

Yes, it actually is not infringement unless I was to charge people to use the game.

so then would the same not apply to sharing music online as long as you don't charge? m.. no wink.gif. that's illegal too (i'm not trying to start crap but i mean come on, surely there's something wrong with bot of the scenarios).

i personally do'nt find any harm in having a password protected section and i plan to spport the site in any way i can. i just wanted to point out that it MIGHT not be legal to use the paramount name without permission even if you aren't selling it.

Think of it this way:

You are thinking about joining a club on the internet. In order to get into the club, you must pay a membership fee. Lets say that there are some message boards in this group, and one decides to share with the other members a game that has the Paramount name in it. This is not illigal.

In order for it to be copyright infringement, you MUST be making a profit SQUARELY off the product. So, what Aaron is intending to do is legal, since he is not making a profit squarely off the game. Its an enticement to buy a tee shirt.

I don't see a problem with a special members only area.

Videos are bandwith killers. Go buy some hosting and make a popular webpage and tell me that you don't have overages. Advertising doesn't pay anymore either.

Heck I am order #1 on the shirt I have already placed my order. Heck I helped design the thing. Trust me it will be worth it to have a nice shirt and a crapload of extra content.

Also in a Highly unscientific AIM poll 5/5 people asked said its a good deal.

I pay 20 a year for the coasterbuzz club and I get an ad free webpage and thats about all. I would say This is a better deal.

I pay 20 a year for the coasterbuzz club and I get an ad free webpage and thats about all. I would say This is a better deal.

Never thought of it that way, but you're right.

I gave Aaron some initial ideas of funny slogan shirts. Those didn't fly. dry.gif

Now you all might get to see some more of my wonderful pictures.

I wasn't going to buy the shirt cause of the price, but I just may now...

Oh, and since my parents don't like buying online, would someone be able to buy the shirt for me, give me the password and shirt, and then i give you the money sometime?

Go get your own savings account and link it to a paypal account.

OT but funny story anyways. Back when I 1st got my PC my mom was very skeptical of E-commerce in general. I begged and pleaded and thus she finally gave in and let me buy a video game online. She was shocked that 2 days later it showed up just as it was ment to. Shoot 5 years later to this summer. I am building my new pc. Place online is cheeper than any store. 1200 dollars spent and 1 day later it all is at my door. Once again she is shocked. Its taken 5 years for my mom to fully trust the ecommerce. I even have her addticted to netflix.

my dad on the other hand thats a different story wacko.gif

Edited by sobrider

• 1 month later...
OT but funny story anyways. Back when I 1st got my PC my mom was very skeptical of E-commerce in general. I begged and pleaded and thus she finally gave in and let me buy a video game online. She was shocked that 2 days later it showed up just as it was ment to. Shoot 5 years later to this summer. I am building my new pc. Place online is cheeper than any store. 1200 dollars spent and 1 day later it all is at my door. Once again she is shocked. Its taken 5 years for my mom to fully trust the ecommerce. I even have her addticted to netflix.

my dad on the other hand thats a different story wacko.gif

Don't go blindly into this e-commerce concept. It's not all perfect. One of my responsibilities at work is to run BestBuy.com. Ever since they launched v.2, things have been screwed up immensely. There have been countless times when customer service has called me asking for an order when the customer is standing right there with their confirmation letter for an order that hasn't been sent to me yet, so I couldn't have confirmed it. We have the ability to cancel orders, so it's not like there's money lost, but a lot of times, the web page gets confused as to who should be sent an e-mail and who shouldn't, so sometimes customers will go all the way to the store to pick up a product that we dont' have.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I'll get shirt for the game. It's a great idea, actually b/c I know that finding a great host can be expensive, expecailly with the amount of traffic and space that site generates. Maybe you can actually talk with PKI and see if they can help out somehow by giving you come more exclusive things, like interviews with staff, staff bios (like Jeff's and maybe higher up, say Craig Ross?) and some backstage access to get pics and/or video of the maintence areas and coasters during operation? Maybe some backstage passes to concerts as well?

Anything is possible...

Maybe they will let you hand out fliers about the site at the front gate? Okay, that might be going too far, but Jeff might be able to help you out with that.

As long as I don't have to pay monthly for a site, I'm happy with it. A donation every now and then would be great... and I know I can afford that!

Edited by DragonLord