Pretzel

Roarbot

Last year I got the best pretzel I've ever had from the stand under the Eiffel Tower.

Went back 2 weeks ago...not the same.

Last year- Big, doughy, painted with melted butter, kind of sweet.

This year- Microwaved Super Pretzel.

Are they still selling the good ones somewhere in the park?

If so, where?

Going tomorrow and would really like to get another good one.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, they're $5 per pretzel, which isn't cheap but they're are a marked improvement over the out-of-box ones sold elsewhere in the park. They have 3 types: salt, butter and cinnamon. The salt (which is like a beefed up traditional pretzel) is by far the best.

I've gotten those pretzels twice and they were some of the worst I've ever had. Maybe I was just unlucky when I went and didn't get the best employee making them. They were dry and hardly had any cinnamon on them. I'd much rather have one of those frozen Superpretzels over what I was served at the Pretzel Stand.

The ones that were served in the Candy Shop on IS back in the early 2000's were very wonderful, and were the best pretzels I've ever had. This years' just don't compare.

I've gotten those pretzels twice and they were some of the worst I've ever had. Maybe I was just unlucky when I went and didn't get the best employee making them. They were dry and hardly had any cinnamon on them. I'd much rather have one of those frozen Superpretzels over what I was served at the Pretzel Stand.

The ones that were served in the Candy Shop on IS back in the early 2000's were very wonderful, and were the best pretzels I've ever had. This years' just don't compare.

Might have been your luck or might have been the time of day. I've eaten there three times and they were very moist. Any more and they'd almost be too doughy.

The first time was about 1/2 before park close, so that was probably the reason that time. The other time, the guy working there just seemed absolutely clueless. I'll give them another shot since so many people here are saying they are good...

If there's something "wrong" with it, you might want to say something, and they might be able to make a fresh one or something.

I love these pretzels! We visited the park quite a few times before memorial day and I always went by the shop, hoping to get one. They were never open when we went, I guess they wait until closer to the summer season to open. My kids made fun of me constantly for always being disappointed for not getting a pretzel, shaking my fist at the giant pretzel overhead. So much that my son texted me when he went with his dad one weekend just to let me know that my pretzels were finally available.

After he had one, then he understood.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump!

OK, so yesterday I gave these pretzels another chance. I got one at 5:45, it was the first thing I did when I got to the park. Once again, I was severely disappointed in the quality. It was nice and soft, but there was a strange taste to it, almost chemical. I got the cinnamon sugar one. I'm definitely done trying those.

After re-reading this topic and seeing BoddaH's post that the salt ones are the best, I'll give them one more chance and order that kind. It's a rare thing when I'll give something 4 chances... I've also not been known to have an aversion to cinnamon and sugar before! laugh.gif

And as for fresh made, the pizza crust at Cedar Point is fresh made this year. Last year it was frozen.

Last year, Cedar Point had delightful pizza at Chuck Wagon back by Maverick. This year, in my humble opinion, the new fresh made product is absolute crap. Fresh made can be crappy. Frozen can be delightful. Quality, or lack thereof, is not totally dependent on when/where a product was first made...

the pretzels on i-street were a waste of money. the out-of-the-box-microwave-whatever are better.

Finally, someone who agrees with me! I was beginning to think it was just me...

Like I said in a post above, I'll give the salt ones a try, but I can't do that until at least August 5th. I'll be otherwise occupied until then, sliding on down to Schlitterbahn and making my way like a Bullet to a certain Boardwalk in Texas. cool.gif