Silverwood PTR

ahank

Prelude - Just some short info before I start about past happenings before this trip (note - I'm not trying to make a sob story here, I promise, haha). Before going to Silverwood, I had completely lost interest in the theme park industry and, quite frankly, was not looking forward to visiting Silverwood. After Silverwood, however, my love was renewed. THANK YOU SILVERWOOD!

The night before the visit, my cousin had his wedding, so we decided to all go to Silverwood the day after. It started off as a pretty rainy day; we were hoping this would not last all day. On the bright side however, we were literally the only ones in the park.

Because of the rain, we decided to take a ride on the train. Not going to lie, I found the train to be extremely boring, and the commentary was pretty corny. However, there was a hold-up part of the ride that I enjoyed. It took place in a silver mine (which is appropriate, because the park is in Idaho) They "held the train up" (in reality, they were asking people for money for charity) and got on board, shot fake guns, etc. I won't ruin the surprise ending for you all!

4708046488_cde65b71b0_b.jpg

I loved this part of the train, and found it really well themed and put together.

It was still raining, but my dad and I made our way to Coaster Alley anyways to see if anything was opened. Turns out, everything was!

This next portion of the PTR may have been the pinnacle of my trip to Silverwood. Tremors. It was SO good, I didn't get any pictures! ;)

We walked back a little ways and I saw the entrance to Tremors in the corner of my eye. I had heard raving reviews about this roller coaster, and wanted my #50 to be a lasting memory, so I decided to get in the non-existent line. I rode in 1-1. I'm not going to spoil you with the little details of the ride that I loved, but it was, for me, easily beat out Voyage for the best wooden roller coaster I have ever ridden. It simply blew me away how much I enjoyed it. It all just, worked and flowed.

I could go on for days and days, but I won't.

Next up was Aftershock. After riding Tremors, I was pretty excited to ride this. It seemed to be running well all day, so I gave it a try. I rode in seat 1-2, and holy cow.

The rain hurt.

4707406153_c64593d69b_b.jpg

The lift was pretty breath-taking, but it somewhat hurt under-the-belt. For the most part, however, the ride was fairly smooth and very enjoyable. Silverwood has done a great job of keeping this ride up!

Timber Terror was up next. I, truthfully, wasn't expecting much by the looks of the layout. Boy was I in for a surprise.

4708051764_5586f6d4a5_b.jpg

This ride blew me away. The amount of airtime was nothing short of incredible (I believe I felt more on it than Voyage!)

4708058106_2c72d73df7_b.jpg

I found 1-1 to be the best seat on this ride. It was so much fun!

I got the chance to walk around Coaster Alley for a little bit just to take some pictures and enjoy my surroundings. I thought it was a pretty cool area.

4708059796_7356835a1c_b.jpg

Most of the area.

4708055654_ae2871fb2b_b.jpg

These kinds of rides make me sick, unfortunately.

The rest of the family ended up catching up with us, so we walked over to the Country Carnival area of the park.

4708064508_0150d87432_b.jpg

4708062020_9a92df6ab1_b.jpg

Cool signage.

After I went on a few flat rides and water rides (yes, it was still raining) I made my way over to corkscrew, the most photogenic ride in the park.

4708067172_5d1a304a7e_b.jpg

Aside from being the first modern inverting roller coaster, I didn't enjoy this one very much. It was pretty rough and extremely short.

4708071136_c206d2dc0c_b.jpg

4707429661_31aaf87939_b.jpg

The sky started clearing up!

4708077014_3a1052a780_b.jpg

So photogenic!

4707429661_31aaf87939_b.jpg

Yeah, it's a headbanger.

We went and rode a few more flat rides before heading back to Coaster Alley.

4708088244_483a2b3d77_b.jpg

D'aw

4707438365_dee0e9dc19_b.jpg

Hey, that's me!

4708093002_a4fdf0499a_b.jpg

A final look at Coaster Alley.

Overall, I had a great time at Silverwood. It was a great, charming little park with multiple surprises and thrills waiting behind every corner.

Final ride counts -

Tremors - 3

Aftershock - 2

Timber Terror - 2

Corkscrew - 2

note - I did not use any photoshop on any of the posted pictures!

YAY! Silverwood. Your yummy pictures and great descriptions make me realize how much I need to get back there...and I am delighted to hear Tremors (one of my two favorite wooden coasters on this orb...the other is in Georgia) is being well kept.

I love Silverwood, I love Idaho...and some day I just might...might...move there...if I don't go to New Jersey instead, which is rather unlikely! At least I can afford to live in Idaho! :)