Going to KD 6/27

My wife and I will be visiting King's Dominion next Sunday...putting the PP to good use.

It looks like they have some great coasters, and obviously one awesome new one. Just have a few questions:

-Any 'flow' we should follow through the park?

-About how long should we expect to wait for I305?

-What are the other 'must-ride' coasters?

-What are some good flats?

-Why did they get rid of that launch coaster-it looked sweet!

Well first I hope you have fun at KD! Well the must rides there are of course I-305, Volcano-The Blast Coaster, Dominator, Anaconda, Grizzly is pretty fun, the Hurler is closed until mid-season but I don't like that anyway.

Some good flats are The Crypt, Drop Tower, Berserker, and I guess El Dorado.

I would say I-305 line would not be that bad on a Sunday, other lines shouldn't be that bad either. I would say 15-30 min. just an estimate?

EDIT: Sorry the Hurler opened Mid-May so it will be open. Also you could ride BLSC and FoF if you had time, they are good!

Dominator is one of my favorite coasters, though it was better over water. Rebel Yell is similar to Racer and Shockwave brings back memories of King Cobra. Ricochet is a fun wild mouse, Avalanche is a cool little coaster, and there Ghoster Coaster is okay. The most important flat to ride is the Eagles, then try to smuggle them to KI (even though Carowinds have ours). If your interested, watch the movie Rollercoaster and see how the park used to be, with most of the rides in the movie since removed.

I went to Kings Dominion for the first time ever on I305's opening day and I only got half the credits. But that was only because the park was open from 10-8 and it was extremely busy, and I rerode I305 alot and rode Drop Zone/Crypt. Out of the rides I got to ride, the must rides are...

-Intimidator 305

-Dominator

-Grizzly

-Volcano: The Blast Coaster

-Drop Zone

-Crypt

But you should be able to get every ride in since chances are it won't be too busy, plus you'll be able to reride I305 alot.

One tip, The parks official hours are 10:30 to 10. They open the park closer to 10:00 and Dominator and Beserker open at that time. You can get a few laps in on Dominator and still make it to the back of the Eiffel Tower for the 15 minute PP early walk back. I would skip the temptation to ride I305 first and go directly to Volcano. This ride has the worst line in the entire park. Knock out the coaster in this part of the park till they get Avalanche open and give this bobsled coaster a spin.

I love KD almost as much as KI. Their operations tend to be a bit slow and sometimes frustrating, but their line up is pretty solid.

One tip, The parks official hours are 10:30 to 10. They open the park closer to 10:00 and Dominator and Beserker open at that time. You can get a few laps in on Dominator and still make it to the back of the Eiffel Tower for the 15 minute PP early walk back. I would skip the temptation to ride I305 first and go directly to Volcano.

If you don't get any other advice make sure you heed this piece. Volcano absolutely needs to be hit first and probably Flight of Fear right after. The lines for I305 probably won't be as bad as you think.

Quick edit:

I agree with the posters about Avalanche. That ride was a lot of fun and much better than I anticipated. As an aside, you get 10% off of the in-park dollars sold at Guest Relations. If you plan on spending any money in the park make sure you utilize that.