Boomerang Bay TR 6/17/10

CincyMan98

Today was a very hot sunny day, once again. I thought since on a weekday it wouldn't be crowded. I was wrong.

At 11:00 we got to the waterpark, and the line to it was outstretched almost to the back of the parking lot. I don't know why it took so long to get through, maybe some technical issues? So once we entered, I had to change in the locker rooms. My friend Jacob was with me and we had just gotten back from basketball camp. So we changed, got a seat near Tasmanian Typhoon (best seats in the park), and without any hesitation whatsoever went to Down Under Thunder. That ride was okay. Kind of boring, just a bunch of twists, and makings it way slowly down.

Our feet were already hurting from the burning ground, so we decided just to have some fun with water. We went to Jackaroo Landing for about a half hour (we're such kids!) and splashed each other with water guns, and even went down the very thrilling water slide at the top. After we were freezing cold, we went over to the forest area again (where all the good slides are) and rode Awesome Aussie Twister. Another ride that didn't really entertain me. We then were very cold, and Jacob's stomach was empty. We went to LaRosas. Here comes a funny story. In the front of the line was a lady screaming to the cashier: "I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 15 MINUTES FOR MY PIZZA, WHILE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY GOTTEN THERES! MY CHILDREN ARE HUNGRY AND ARE GOING TO DIE OF STARVATION! I NEED MY FOOD!" and as the nice Cedar Fair team would say, they calmed down, and apologized. Here's her response: "SORRY DON'T CUT IT. I'M GOING TO TALK TO YOUR MANAGER AND YOU BETTER GIVE ME A DISCOUNT!"

After eating, we decided to take a break from thrills, and we went into the wavepool for about a half hour. I love it! We jump up when the waves come so it takes us up with it. Then the waves stopped, so we went over to Sydney Sidewinder and rode that. Wow, that stinks. But it's still just a fun little ride. We then went to the lazy river and had a race to see who could get to the end first. I won, while Jacob got soaked and I was perfectly dry from the waist above.

At about 1:30 we went to the wave pool again, but this time we wore life jackets, so the waves would take us up and down without us having to move. That was pretty fun as well, and by that time we were freezing cold,so we took a long break. By 2:00 we went to Pipeline Paradise and I failed twice. The first time, I went right into the exit. The second time I nailed my stomach into the side, and got taken up by the current. Fun, fun. My four year old sister was there as well with my mom, and had been riding rides all day, so to end the day I rode a slide at Koala Splash with her. Priceless!

By 2:30 we had finished all our fun for the day, and headed home.

Ride Count and Ratings for Rides:

Down Under Thunder x1. 6/10.

Sydney Sidewinder x1 4/10.

Pipeline Paradise x2 8/10.

Great Barrier Reef (wave pool) x2 10/10.

Jackaroo Landing x1 7/10.

Awesome Aussie Twister x1 8/10.

:)

Here comes a funny story. In the front of the line was a lady screaming to the cashier: "I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 15 MINUTES FOR MY PIZZA, WHILE OTHER PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY GOTTEN THERES! MY CHILDREN ARE HUNGRY AND ARE GOING TO DIE OF STARVATION! I NEED MY FOOD!" and as the nice Cedar Fair team would say, they calmed down, and apologized. Here's her response: "SORRY DON'T CUT IT. I'M GOING TO TALK TO YOUR MANAGER AND YOU BETTER GIVE ME A DISCOUNT!"

:lol:

Overreact much? :P

I agree that she overreacted, but it was for a reason. At least three people had their food served to them before her.

BUT, she had ordered a large pizza, and the other people ordered two slices, so I think it was just taking awhile for hers to cook. What really gave me a laugh about that was "My children are starving!" well - they can wait! :lol: