The Cuddle Up ride

BeastForever

http://www.kiextreme.com/history_defunct.php KIExtreme has it listed as a crazy daisy type ride and if you go the Flat Joint they have the Crazy Daisy as a Philadelphia Tobaggon Company Ride.

http://www.flatrides.com/Ride%20Index%20Pages/crazydazy.html

If this is the ride then it is a tea cup ride that spins in a figure eight motion. They have one at Knoebels. It's very unique but a good ride.

• Like 3

First result for cuddle up ride on Google...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<noembed>

Wow, I would get so sick on that! Thanks for sharing the video, I love old ride videos.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I've been out places where I feel people dress way too casual: Church, the symphony, a wedding, a fancy restaurant, etc. However, I never quite understood the reasoning behind putting on a suit and tie to go ride rides at an amusement park. Of all places, that seems like the one place to dress more comfortable and casual.

• Like 1

Cuddle up was different from keggers and cauldrons. You actually went in a figure 8 around three platforms. The cars actually release from one platform and fly to another platform to complete the figure 8. It was really something to see and ride. You could actually spin a little from the change in motion. PTC actually still makes replacement parts (according to their website)....I'm pretty sure the entire ride could be reproduced. There is a better picture somewhere within the threads. If I find it I will link to it.

I'd like to see both Cuddle up along with the Whip come to Coney Mall for nostalgia sake....It would be something that older adults could ride with their grandkiddies. (by the way...not much for seniors to do with the family at KI, unlike Coney Island....Moonlight Gardens...hint hint.)

On a side note...when did Der Spinnin Keggers lose the top half of the barrels? I don't remember it ever operating without the tops.

Edit: here is the location of the better picture. Scroll down the page when it opens to see the picture.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28432-remnants-of-past-attractions/page-2?hl=attitudes#entry563204

• Like 1

I love how people used to get dressed up to go to an amusement park (as seen in the embedded video above). I remember watching a documentary about Coney Island and you'd see people walking around in suits and dresses. Times have definitely changed.

Now you can see why fun houses used to have a gust of wind blow upwards from the steps at the exit of the ride, though I'm wondering of it was exclusive of Bill Tracy designs. After people started dressing more casually, the "7 Year Itch" effect was lost on shorts wearers, and was just an annoyance.

And Terp, You're right- adults used to watch out for kids at the park, with no fears. Some unknown man at the park grabbed my sister up and away just before lightening struck a pole she was standing by. Never did find out who he was.

• Like 5

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

This is the Cuddle Up from Kings Island. I am currently restoring footage from 1972. I also have footage of Halley's Comet and Indians running around. Lol. Hopefully I can reveal the whole video in a story on my site. Still waiting to hear back from the owner of the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 8