Beast Challenge

Oldiesmann

During my visits to KI this year, I've seen a sign on a gate by Timberwolf mentioning a "Beast Challenge"and saying something about looking for a drawing of The Beast under one of the seats. It also has a "Clue" section that has been erased (it's a dry-erase board). For whatever reason, I didn't think much of it. However, I noticed another such sign at Vortes, saying to ride Vortex and get your on-ride photo as proof. The clue basically said to play the Peach Baskets game (though not directly).

Does anyone here know anything else about this? I searched this site and Google but couldn't find anything.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's sad is this. All the modern thinking of social networking sites says that they are most valuable when communication is two way...and that if a company only sends out one way messages, they are most often viewed as preaching at the viewer...not unlike marketing/advertising. What a tremendously lost opportunity this is for KI. I strongly suspect this was stopped due to a lack of commitment at Cedar Fair, far above the KI level. Then again, what do you expect from a company that took the former Paramount Park execs' Blackberries away from them, thinking them only 'playtoys?' I often wonder if the CEO of the company would even know how to access the Internets, much less appreciate their value.

Terp, who among other things, teaches about such things...

I saw these signs as well on Friday and was a little confused. The one by Vortex stating you to bring your on ride photo to some place seemed like a way to make more money, which if fine, but after reading that I lost interest in the signs. I then saw the other one where the white board was wiped clean so I did not know what the deal was with this one?

If Mr. Kinzel was not doing his job, and for clarification- his job is to make money for the shareholders, he would have been ousted many moons ago.

As enthusiasts, we may not agree on many things he has done, yet we still spend our money in the park- just like the non-enthusiasts.

Have you been to KI this season yet? They actually run the camera now so you actually get to see your picture. I gotta give CF credit for that...

I only went once, and it I didn't see any pictures, but maybe I missed it.

If Mr. Kinzel was not doing his job, and for clarification- his job is to make money for the shareholders, he would have been ousted many moons ago.

As enthusiasts, we may not agree on many things he has done, yet we still spend our money in the park- just like the non-enthusiasts.

And those unit holders are now wanting to know where their distributions are...some have urged distributions be resumed...but covenants with existing debt holders do not allow that. Oh, the Q's...

Don't forget, as a limited partnership, MOST unitholders have essentially no say in who runs the company or how...yet one unit holder has been allowed to have two seats added to the board, and within days of those seats being filled, the company's chief operating officer suddenly resigned...

And those unit holders are now wanting to know where their distributions are...some have urged distributions be resumed...but covenants with existing debt holders do not allow that. Oh, the Q's...

Don't forget, as a limited partnership, MOST unitholders have essentially no say in who runs the company or how...yet one unit holder has been allowed to have two seats added to the board, and within days of those seats being filled, the company's chief operating officer suddenly resigned...

And don't forget, it was in 2005 that the COO position was created for Mr. Falfas.

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2010/06/cedar_fair_chief_operating_off.html

The same unitholders that do have a say, wanted Mr. Kinzel to stay on as CEO after his well publicized planned departure in 2006.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2006/12/22/fun-with-dick-and-chain.aspx

It appears to me, that when Mr. Kinzel's extended contact expires in 2012, Mr. Falfas expected to become CEO. That apparently was not going to happen (and at this point many reasons could be speculated as to why), so Mr. Falfas did what many executives-in-waiting have done, get out now.