A Question Dealing With A Kid's Height....

Cortney

My 8 (almost 9) year old niece is inching closer and closer to being 54 inches, I'm 5' tall and she comes up to the base of my neck on me. 54 inches is the magical height for the big coasters and we are talking about taking her while she's in NC to Carowinds and I will be the LUCKY person that takes her on everything. She has gone on some of the big coasters at Kings Island, but hitting the 54 inch mark = more rides for her to go on.

The restraints are designed for a person's height, am I right? She barely weighs 60 lb and I am more scared to take her on coasters this year than I did when she hit 48 inch mark. I know, for a fact, Nighthawk will be one she will beg to go on if she's tall enough, and that is not my favorite ride and its the one I am most worried about take her on.

Guess I am looking for some reassurance here. I was only 4 feet tall at her age and a big dare devil like her. ;)

While I agree with Terpy, I'd also voice support for your concerns. As an example, my son turned 48" last year but I held him off loopers like Vortex until this season and didn't let him ride Millenium Force or Mean Streak at CP this weekend as I was concerned about the forces these rides could exert on a six year old. It also will give him something new to ride next year.

Trust yourself to make the right call for your family member with faith that the park/manufacturer have dealt with their part.

While I agree with Terpy, I'd also voice support for your concerns. As an example, my son turned 48" last year but I held him off loopers like Vortex until this season and didn't let him ride Millenium Force or Mean Streak at CP this weekend as I was concerned about the forces these rides could exert on a six year old. It also will give him something new to ride next year.

Trust yourself to make the right call for your family member with faith that the park/manufacturer have dealt with their part.

Good point.

When we visited on bring a friend day, we brought along one of my dad's friends. He brought along his son who just hit the 54 mark.

The first ride we went on was Invertago, and it beat him up. Since I was facing him, it looked as if he wasn't tall enough to support himself from banging his head around. Vortex was the other ride he had trouble on.

Any ride with OTSR seemed to bang him around, but any ride with just a lapbar was no problem.

• Like 1