Cedar Point Trip Advice

BeastForever

Guest Millennium

Ok Now I have a question as well. Say I want to ride Skyscraper, do I have to pay separate admission to get into Challenge Park? Once I get in there how much does the charge for Skyscraper usually run?

The cost can change, but it is usually about 10$ per person. You don't have to pay a seperate fee to get in, but you do for every ride (eg. Ripcord, Skyscraper, etc.). Another helpful thing to know is that Challenge Park is open an hour later than Cedar Point this month and parts of July. :D

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, ONLY these two stands have frozen custard (the others that have soft serve ice cream do not have frozen custard):

* The one in the back by Maverick...and

* The one on the front midway in front of the kid's play water jets where the ball fountain used to be...

There is a HUGE difference. Frozen custard is delightful...and Cedar Point's is very good indeed.

Sometimes I only do it to see if the nice gentlepeople following me keep following me! :)

Terpy, who enjoys the company...(and who sometimes instead follows certain other...uh...interesting people)

Creepiest post I have ever read from Terpy... Sorry you guys can get back on topic...

I'm going to upgrade my pass from gold to platinum and I wanted to know of you guys that went to Cedar Point recently if it scanned. If it didn't scan than I was going to go to the main gate instead of the marina.

My pass scaned Fine the last few times I went to Cedar Point it should work.

Sometimes I only do it to see if the nice gentlepeople following me keep following me! :)

Terpy, who enjoys the company...(and who sometimes instead follows certain other...uh...interesting people)

Creepiest post I have ever read from Terpy... Sorry you guys can get back on topic...

Now, stop that....just remember that as some people here seem intrigued by who I might be, some parks seem intrigued by where I might go or what I might see (and write about, usually elsewhere than here)...just as I might be (and often am) intrigued by where certain park employees might go and what they might be doing. It's almost like cat and mouse sometimes...not usually, but sometimes. It's all a matter of security and public relations, so to speak.

Sometimes I wonder if there is more than a simple reason my pass sometimes didn't scan at certain other parks AND they wouldn't let me in for more than 20 minutes thereafter. (Not every park is managed by the CEO's son, and not every park guest had been very, very critical of the proposed Apollo acquisition in very public forums, an acquisition that would have made that CEO and his son even more very, very wealthy. Also, not every park has that CEO living in the parking lot and often being very accessible, at least until this year, inside the park)...just because you are paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following you!

Ha ha...a joke...I think.

In any event, parks are to be enjoyed, not analyzed to the nth degree, that being said, we can and should offer constructive criticism and do what we can to help all of us enjoy the experience more...

They can be a bit less forgiving...again, much depends on body shape. There really is no way to know until you get there. I hope she fits, and she may very well. As has been said, be sure to try more than one seat...and note Brown's advice...get her in first, you can help. Usually at Cedar Point ride ops will not help you fit the seat, though some will...

Maverick will almost certainly not be an issue.

Here's a quick question: How's Mantis in comparison to Chang? I've rode 2 B&M Stand ups before, Chang and Iron Wolf. While the harnesses were a bit uncomfortable I don't remember those being that painful and horrid to ride. Is Mantis worse than the other 2? Seems to have a bad reputation.

I thought B&M coasters were supposed to be perfectly smooth, and never break down, and move 2.7 million people per hour lol

well of course Chang is the "updated" model...isn't it the next B&M stand up right after mantis? Anywy I'll ride everything at least once.

The only thing I remmeber about the 3 standups I've rode in my life, Chang, Iron Wolf, and of course King Cobra, is the harness's are ridiculously uncomfortable, and the stool in the crotch thing can always be a bit painful, which is why I can't really complain about the Standup coaster officially being a discontinued model.

I am partial to HB since it has an indoor pool, TGI Fridays (and other restaurants), and is closer to Challenge Park & park entrance.

The best deal? That all depends on what you are looking for.

Also, DT is not as bad as some want to make it seem. No, it is not as thrilling as other coasters, but it still serves the younger generation of riders and gets you out of the sun for a period of time.

I won't say "best deal", but have stayed at Breakers several times. Remember, however that there are several generations of rooms at Breakers and some of them are very outdated (climb up stairs to the third floor, scratched furniture, hot hallways, old wallpaper, etc.). That said, you are paying for convenience, and I think it is worth it.

Does anybody know which is the best hotel property to stay in or which is the best deal? As of right now we are thinking about staying in the Hotel Breakers...

As for the best deal, we're staying at a Comfort Inn 6 miles from the park. Its cost us only $158 for 2 nights, though we got the lower rate by forfeiting our right to cancel, or change the reservations. I think if we hadn't gone that route it would of been $200 for 2 nights. We found the hotel from Travelocity, but then went to comfortinn's site and got even a better deal.

Though Comfort Inn probably won't be as exciting as staying at GWL, or one of the many hotel's on site.

Guest rcfreak339

well of course Chang is the "updated" model...isn't it the next B&M stand up right after mantis? Anywy I'll ride everything at least once.

The only thing I remmeber about the 3 standups I've rode in my life, Chang, Iron Wolf, and of course King Cobra, is the harness's are ridiculously uncomfortable, and the stool in the crotch thing can always be a bit painful, which is why I can't really complain about the Standup coaster officially being a discontinued model.

Stand-Ups are not a discontinued model but for those very reasons are probably why a park hasn't bought on in years. Mantis wasn't to bad but in comparaison to Chang Mantis was awful.

I'm going to upgrade my pass from gold to platinum and I wanted to know of you guys that went to Cedar Point recently if it scanned. If it didn't scan than I was going to go to the main gate instead of the marina.

I have been to Cedar Point, Carowinds, and Dorney Park. My KI platinum pass has scanned perfectly every time.

If you have a Platinum Pass then I wouldn't recommend staying at a resort if it's value you are looking for. The resort rates are overpriced, and rooms can be found for hundreds (no kidding) of dollars cheaper by looking at motels a couple of miles away. If you don't have a Platinum Pass, then do your math. You get discounted tickets (30 dollars) when staying at a resort, so you may save money this way. Keep in mind, you can get in early with a Platinum Pass, so there's no point in staying at a resort unless you feel like you have to stay "close to the action".

Putting that aside, if you're looking for the combination of convenience, hospitality, and value the best place to stay is the Hotel Breakers. It's a short walk from the beach, Cedar Point, Soak City, and Challenge Park. It isn't the nicest hotel in the world, but it's a lot nicer than the cheap motels you'll find in Sandusky.

The cheapest resort is the Breakers Express. However, it's located off the peninsula. It's obviously marketed towards families on a budget, but if you have Platinum Pass there's no point in staying there since you don't need the cheap tickets.

Castaway Bay is the most expensive and it's the furthest away from the peninsula (it isn't even located on the same road as the causeway) but it has an indoor water park. Take that for what you will.

Then there's Sandcastle Suites. Only stay here if you have a larger family for obvious reasons. I believe Lighthouse Point is another resort. If I'm correct, you can rent a cabin. I haven't bothered looking.

If you won't be staying at a resort, I recommend the EconoLodge. It's on Cleveland Road right by the Cedar Point sign where Cedar Point Drive crosses with Cleveland Road. If you bothered reading this whole post then you've made me feel special. : )

I stayed at Travelodge a few miles from the park in 2008. It was very nice, not to mention fairly cheap.

I wouldn't recommend Econo Lodge. Trains woke me up every half hour, not to mention there was expired soda in the machines, dirty pop cans behind my TV, and spiders in my shower.