Transport at K.I

israel09

Over the years parks are taking out sky rides, or movers.

Cedar Point use to have two! now just one, and don't see them always keeping the one they have.

Ki really did not go that far, in my opinion plus parks with people walking probably make more money >>>concessions et c.

The biggest problem with sky rides in most parks has been guest conduct. Yes, maintenance is expensive and the parts are expensive, but other guests do not like being spit upon, having things dropped on them, etc.

For some reason, destination parks seem to have fewer problems with this than do most seasonal parks. Still, Great Adventure still has its sky ride...

Cedar Point use to have two! now just one, and don't see them always keeping the one they have.

CP removed the Frontier Lift in 1985 for ID that was built in 1987.

You can still see the load/ unload station near the entrance of SRF & Skyhawk. The building is currently bathrooms and storage, but you can still see remnants of the old lift at the rear of the building.

Here is a picture of the old Frontier Lift load/ unload station courtesy of our friends at PointBuzz.

http://pointbuzz.com/photos/Photo.aspx?id=3014

Or you could just walk... KI isn't nearly as bad as CP, IMO there's not really a need for a skyride like CP has.

Or you could do as many older guests have done, and stay home. Perhaps this is one of many, many reasons attendance at Kings Island (and most seasonal parks) is down from the glory years. No trams, fewer family rides, less entertainment...and Cedar Fair's focus so far, along with admittedly cleaning up the park, has been largely rides, rides, rides. It is good to remember that not all guests are ride warriors.....and some can't even ride at all, except for such rides at trains, sky rides and gentler family rides.

My mom greatly enjoyed her visits to Dollywood in her later years, but wouldn't even consider a trip to Kings Island...one thing she would point out is that there wasn't even easy transport from the parking lot to the gate available, much less inside the park. Not everyone with mobility issues has to use a wheelchair, etc., but some still have great difficulty getting around...but want to. Saying you could just walk assumes too much.

When I was ten, my idea for the ultimate KI transportation system was a series of slides coming from the Eiffel Tower.

You would go up to the top level, pick a ride or area of the park you wanted to go to, then take a twisty slide to your destination.

The slides would have tunnels with fog and lighting effects, and the occasional glass bottom for a bonus thrill.

From above (or below), the Eiffel Tower would look like a giant octopus.

For better efficiency, there would be several high speed ski lifts to get you back to the top of the Tower.

I really can't think of a reason why this wouldn't work. wink.gif

Or you could do as many older guests have done, and stay home. Perhaps this is one of many, many reasons attendance at Kings Island (and most seasonal parks) is down from the glory years. No trams, fewer family rides, less entertainment...and Cedar Fair's focus so far, along with admittedly cleaning up the park, has been largely rides, rides, rides.

And just think of how the attendance would have dropped even more if CF did not drastically improve the entertainment shows over Paramount.

The shows Paramount had were not bad. I will agree the last couple of years they were. Look at Nicktoons Block Party! Awesome show. Entertainment tonight. Retro repeat the beat and House of Groove. All good shows. But then again I guess show preference is each to his own.

The shows Paramount had were not bad. I will agree the last couple of years they were. Look at Nicktoons Block Party! Awesome show. Entertainment tonight. Retro repeat the beat and House of Groove. All good shows. But then again I guess show preference is each to his own.

No, not all the shows were bad. And the handful of shows you mentioned were entertaining.

Yet, given the amount of years Paramount directed the park, and that Paramount is an entertainment company I would have hoped that there would have been more than a handful of entertaining shows that would have been remembered.

It is encouraging that CF has given more of an emphasis on the shows recently, and is utilizing venues like Festhaus that seemed to be put on the back burner under Paramount's direction.

With any luck, CF's emphasis on entertaining the guests will continue to grow in the years to come.

I agree with you, Paramount should have done better, however you know why those few shows were so entertaining?

I would say lack of entertainment shows in the park.

When there are a lack of options, some will be attracted to the one thing that stands above the rest.