Past shows or Movies Filmed in Kings Island

WildCat

MTV was there with newlyweds. DIY was also there (show airs in january?) on a behind the scenes look on how to clean amusementpark.

I didn't know newlyweds was there. Sorry I missed that. But, I look forward to nothing more exciting than how to clean an amusement park. It is a lifelong dream of mine to learn how to sweep, run a billy goat, and the proper way to scrape gum off the sidewalk *sarcastic*.

Jeff said something about a movie filmed during Winterfest at KI.

If I'm not mistaken, The movie filmed at PKI was "Fresh Horses." It starred Andrew McCarthy and Molly Ringwald....It was released sometime in the mid 80's.

I can kinda remember the Winterfest scene, and a crack in the movie about grad students working Winterfest.

Not entirely sure if that was the movie's title, but those were the actors.

Sorry I missed that. But, I look forward to nothing more exciting than how to clean an amusement park. It is a lifelong dream of mine to learn how to sweep, run a billy goat, and the proper way to scrape gum off the sidewalk *sarcastic*.

We don't use billy-goats and we have this special spray that makes scraping gum off really easy.

Actually, sometimes early in the morning in the parking lot they have these big dump trucks with giant vaccuum cleaners attached to them - I think they go around the park too overnight, and clean up a lot of the big stuff. Those things are kind of cool.

But other than that, its just sweep it away, throw it in the dumpster, and wash it down with a hose.

Actually, sometimes early in the morning in the parking lot they have these big dump trucks with giant vaccuum cleaners attached to them - I think they go around the park too overnight, and clean up a lot of the big stuff. Those things are kind of cool.

Oh you mean "WALDO!". He's there right after all the guests are gone and sometimes still there in the morning. Depends on how much trash the guests threw on the ground. He only does the parking lot though.

In the park, the ecology group starts near the back of the park and sweeps towards the front and meet at the gate. Then another group hoses down the paths to get up the spilled pop/ice cream/cheese coneys.... what have you.

• 15 years later...

The movie mentioned above, "Fresh Horses," which was filmed during Winterfest (as well as Lesourdsville Lake), is available to watch if you have Amazon Prime. 

Although not filmed at KI, "Rollercoaster" had major scenes filmed at KD. So that's worth watching, as well. 

• 3 weeks later...

If I'm not mistaken, The movie filmed at PKI was "Fresh Horses." It starred Andrew McCarthy and Molly Ringwald....It was released sometime in the mid 80's.
I can kinda remember the Winterfest scene, and a crack in the movie about grad students working Winterfest.
Not entirely sure if that was the movie's title, but those were the actors.
Heres a scene 7ebd62c42aa004c30f0f665a8ba90fcf.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

The girlfriend and I watched “Fresh Horses” a few weeks back not only for the KI scene but since parts of the movie was filmed in and around the Alexandria area and that’s where she’s from. It was interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk