Michigan's Adventure PTR 6/24/10

DropZone99

I agree with your Timbers review. I love that ride! I think your pictures are great. What kind of camera do you use?

Awesome, I'm glad you love it too! Thanks, I have a Canon Powershot SX110-IS. It takes great shots, and films in high quality! If your looking for a new camera, I highly suggest this camera or a different Cannon!

During HWN, a woman in front of me told me how ST was rough and had no air. I guess she was wrong lol

My friend in Michigan (Danielle) doesn't even care for Shivering Timbers. I really don't see how anyone could say it's rough (it may have been at one time, because I noticed some of the ride was recently retracked). And even more shocking, how can anyone say it doesn't have airtime!? Obviously it didn't have as much airtime as Voyage since Voyage holds the record, but Shivering Timbers has to have almost as much because it actually felt like there was more!

Sorry Cody, I'm just too lazy to upload the photos to photobucket and repost it everywhere. I do miss actually posting photos on KIC, but I just don't have the time. Since your banned there, can't you just re-register under a new username?

I actually enjoy reading TR's and seeing photos of the less talked about parks more than KI or CP at times. Great to see Thunderhawk appears to be doing well. Miss it here in Ohio... :(

Lovely photos! I have a Canon Powershot as well, great handy smaller camera. I only use my Olympus SLR when I plan on not doing any rides outside the train.

^Can't...He has banned my IP...Im the and I quote "The wost of the worst" by Robb.

The Alvey man banned you, that is wretched.

I have always wondered how the experience on Shivering Timbers was, every time I have seen a coaster feature with that ride on it I am just in awe at the structure and how long it is. I also love that they included trick track on it.

Personally? I was rather mixed. On one hand, I found something interestingly quirky about it... but on the other, it didn't really cause any of the "surprise" forces I was expecting. It seemed more... well, like you said: like an accident made during tracking. The suddenness of the first lean was a *little* exciting... the first time. On following rides, though, it just became something to brace yourself for. But then again, it was so unique to me that I still ended up lightly appreciating it. I can definitely understand others not caring for the trick track.

And I just realized that I have completely and rudely ignored the original poster's PTR, so I will say that I really enjoyed reading it. We seem to have had similar experiences at Michigan's Adventure, though I honestly didn't care too much for Thunderhawk, my first Vekoma SLC. Perhaps I will appreciate it more once I've been on Flight Deck at Canada's Wonderland later this summer. Regardless, I also really enjoyed the SUPER padded seats on Wolverine Wildcat- and the double-down airtime was INSANE for me as well in the last row. It was even more surprising, in my opinion, than Stricker's Grove's Tornado, whose "cliff" was a little more obvious than the upstop wheel-SMACKing drop on WW.