I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous of KD

Ok just watched a POV of Intimidator, and maybe I wanna take back that statement...think Diamondback has a better layout. But I'd still rather have dominator over Firehawk!

oh and btw I'm bored, and reading about theme parks on wikipedia, google, and RCDB incase your wondering where this topic just came from out of the blue.

Guest Millennium

I'd rather have I305 over DB. It feels more special to have a giga coaster considering there is only 3 (correct me if I am wrong) in the world. It feels like CF keeps churning out B&M Hypers (Behemoth, Intimidator, DB, etc) at their parks every year. I would love Dominator too, along with their flying eagles, Crypt, and Volcano. But I still think KI is a great park and I hate when people call it boring when you are lucky enough to go at all. Most of us on this forum go to KI upwards of ten times a year, while most people I know go once a summer. Be happy you have a season pass at all. /rant

And that was not directed at the OP, lol

I understand what you are saying but I think Diamondback looks better than both of those. I-305, besides the hill looks pretty plain and Intimidator vs Diamondback, I think its just preference.

This is just my opinion, don't take it literally.

After looking into it more, I agree Diamondback seems to have a better ride layout that intimidator...intimidator looks kinda boring other than the 305 foot hill.

I'd rather have I305 over DB. It feels more special to have a giga coaster considering there is only 3 (correct me if I am wrong) in the world. It feels like CF keeps churning out B&M Hypers (Behemoth, Intimidator, DB, etc) at their parks every year. I would love Dominator too, along with their flying eagles, Crypt, and Volcano. But I still think KI is a great park and I hate when people call it boring when you are lucky enough to go at all. Most of us on this forum go to KI upwards of ten times a year, while most people I know go once a summer. Be happy you have a season pass at all. /rant

And that was not directed at the OP, lol

I was gonna say, i by no means think KI is boring. Think its a great park with lots of different coasters, and at what 14 coasters (15 I think if you count SOB) its up there as one of the parks with the most coasters.

Wait, whoa.

Are you guys talking about Intimidator, or I305?

Intimidator at Carowinds doesn't have as much air as DB, but Intimidator's turnaround and helix have much more force than DB's turnaround and helix. I especially liked the surprise right-turn drop after the second hill. As a result, I like Intimidator better than DB.

If you're comparing I305 to DB or I305 to Intimidator.. well, that's another story. Comparing an Intamin gigacoaster to a B&M hyper isn't exactly fair, especially if you haven't ridden one or either of them yet.

a. Kings Dominion has gotten what it has largely because it must compete with Busch Gardens Williamsburg, a gorgeous park with fantastic entertainment, landscaping, food and rides. What park competition does Kings Island have locally?

b. Trim brakes are brakes along the course of a coaster whose purpose it is to slow down the ride to lessen maintenance, maintain safety, help to maintain the integrity of blocks (keeping only one coaster train at a time in a designated section) and annoy enthusiasts, who will then whine and complain about them. They serve all these purposes well, especially at Cedar Fair.

a. Kings Dominion has gotten what it has largely because it must compete with Busch Gardens Williamsburg, a gorgeous park with fantastic entertainment, landscaping, food and rides. What park competition does Kings Island have locally?

b. Trim brakes are brakes along the course of a coaster whose purpose it is to slow down the ride to lessen maintenance, maintain safety, helpt to maintain the integrity of blocks (keeping only one coaster train at a time in a designated section) and annoy enthusiasts, who will then whine and complain about them. They serve all these purposes well, especially at Cedar Fair.

Post of the year for Interpreter gets my vote.

I shall give Terpy a cookie, problem there it might be a month late .___.

Is there a huge difference between DB and (Carowinds) Intimidator? No I have not been to Carowinds, but they look somewhat similar. Which by I mean, large lift hill, lots of airtime, and high intensity curves(Helix) and the only big difference might be would where the coaster sits in the park and/or theming. My example for this is, I have rode Raptor, and its a great Inverted coaster and I have been on Alpengeist at BG. The themeing is much better, but the ride itself is pretty much basic elements(Large loop, cobra roll, corkscrew, barrel roll) The rides are pretty much the same, but like I said, the theming with Alpengeist. Both coasters are really fun, but I prefer Alpengeist.

b. Trim brakes are brakes along the course of a coaster whose purpose it is to slow down the ride to lessen maintenance, maintain safety, help to maintain the integrity of blocks (keeping only one coaster train at a time in a designated section) and annoy enthusiasts, who will then whine and complain about them. They serve all these purposes well, especially at Cedar Fair.

a. Completely and totally agree. IMO, Kings Dominion doesn't hold a candle to Busch Gardens.

b. HAHAHAHAHA new signature!

I shall give Terpy a cookie, problem there it might be a month late .___.

Is there a huge difference between DB and (Carowinds) Intimidator? No I have not been to Carowinds, but they look somewhat similar. Which by I mean, large lift hill, lots of airtime, and high intensity curves(Helix) and the only big difference might be would where the coaster sits in the park and/or theming. My example for this is, I have rode Raptor, and its a great Inverted coaster and I have been on Alpengeist at BG. The themeing is much better, but the ride itself is pretty much basic elements(Large loop, cobra roll, corkscrew, barrel roll) The rides are pretty much the same, but like I said, the theming with Alpengeist. Both coasters are really fun, but I prefer Alpengeist.

I assume you didn't mean to quote me? lol

I have yet to try out Intimidator and I305, really want to. I love Diamondback, but I prefer Magnum to it :P Between KD and BG? BG all the effin way, lol.

One coaster is very much like Diamondback...the other has much more in common with Top Thrill Dragster--same maker, same intensity (at least before the trim brakes were installed), same very short ride length...

The two Intimidators share an owner and a name...and the fact both are coasters with wheels on the trains...Having ridden both, I'd say they have about as much in common as Flying Ace Aerial Chase and The Beast...

Is it even possible to compete with Busch Gardens The Old Country/Virginia/Europe/Williamsburg or what ever they want to call it this year, especially with the CF train of thought?

Does anyone else notice that CF has used the same color schemes(red and grey;red and yellow) on five different new rides in the last four years. Now I'm talking 2007-2010. See: Maverick, Firehawk, Intimidator, Intimidator 305 and DB. And I'm not just saying this to just to bash Cedar Fair...

Just got back from KD and BG, and there is no comparison or competition IMO. They are worlds apart, one is a beautiful walk in the forest with rides and great food, while the other is a traditional amusement park with rides everywhere the eye can see. As for i305 or Diamondback I would ride Diamondback all day as to just one ride a day on i305. Volcano was the best ride in the park and Dominator was so-so IMO.