Jeffrey Siebert: RELOADED Artwork...

Aaron

I have just completed the first draft of the "Jeffrey Siebert: RELOADED" game artwork. As you know, the game will be debuting in 2004 in the All Access Pass section of PKIU that you gain access to by ordering a PKI Unlimited.com T-Shirt. (A preview of the All Access Pass is coming soon.)

Your comments about the first atwork draft are appreciated!

user posted image

Sporting a new game engine, new character, new battle system, story revised by Charles Infosino, and fully animated in-game cutscenes, you can rest assured this new game is not only much bigger than the original, but much better as well.

Expect some screen shots sometime around christmas, and a tentative release for the game sometime around the park's opening for the 2004 season in spring.

Ryan Adams

RE Studios

• 2 weeks later...
Sporting a new game engine, new character, new battle system, story revised by Charles Infosino, and fully animated in-game cutscenes, you can rest assured this new game is not only much bigger than the original, but much better as well.

Will this game be coded by your own? Or will it use a game-maker like the last time?

Like I said, that was just a rough draft so everyone can get a taste of the artwork that I will be creating to "advertise" the game. The "rating" part on the bottom left of the box was actually made by me, obviously as a take-off of the ESRB ratings. You must realize that this game is not for profit, most of what we are doing on it is a spin-off of many other things so therefore we are not violating any copyright regulations. smile.gif

After doing some research, since someone tried sueing me for this subject, you cannot trademark a word or letter, unless it is a specific design that you personally have come up with. Some guy tried to sue me for using words that were in his title (not his personal title, a different one that contained two of his "copyrighted" words) and it didnt really pan out the way he wanted. He ended up spending over 4 grand on a lawyer, and didnt even get a motion into court.

I said the reloaded thing because it's the same design. And the E thing is the actual picture, so naturally that's going to be copyrighted. I really don't know much about the laws, but I think that since you're making the game available only in the "pay" part of the site, they could say that you are making a profit on it... I'm probably wrong... But hey. It's all good.

I said the reloaded thing because it's the same design. And the E thing is the actual picture, so naturally that's going to be copyrighted.

If you pay any attention to the video game industry at all, you know that the ESRB is always pushing the game companies, to put one of their ratings on their games. I kinda doubt they would look to sue anyone for putting such a label on an item, as that would defeat the purpose, and the reason of their existence at all.

The game is once again being used through a game maker, though basically everything within the game is completely original and the amount of cutscenes and player interactivity should really make it stand out more than the original. Also, the original was made in 2 weeks, this new game, from start of conceptual writing, to completion, will be around 6 months. The new game engine sports the same basic graphics, but the battle system for any time based battles used in the game is completely different, and now in game effects such as explosions and punches can be executed, so the game will be much more cinematic. And some bullet time for good measure. On a side note, due to the in game violence and more mature story, I don't think J2: RELOADED will earn itself an E rating. I think Teen.

Screenshots may be available by christmas, as well as some actual game information.

Edited by RyanA

I said the reloaded thing because it's the same design.  And the E thing is the actual picture, so naturally that's going to be copyrighted.

If you pay any attention to the video game industry at all, you know that the ESRB is always pushing the game companies, to put one of their ratings on their games. I kinda doubt they would look to sue anyone for putting such a label on an item, as that would defeat the purpose, and the reason of their existence at all.

They would sue or at least complain because they haven't actually reviewed the game. But this is a pretty dumb thing to argue over.

...You might want to change that because there is an offchance that they will notice.

...and the chance that anyone that has anything to do w/ the Matrix production staff coming to this website is 1:1,000,000,000.

Enough bickering about legal mumbo-jumbo. laugh.gif

Edited by Aaron

...and the chance that anyone that has anything to do w/ the Matrix production staff coming to this website is 1:1,000,000,000.

Enough bickering about legal mumbo-jumbo. laugh.gif

Ummmm...............yeah..............what he said. I don't think Keanu Reeves will be stopping by anytime soon to PKIU for a visit.