Cedar Point Trip =D =D =D

Remember earlier this year I said I was going to CP, then my parents canceled it? Well now I'm going, in August!

So now I have a question. My dad does "Hilton Honors" where you get points everytime you stay at a Hilton chain hotel (which includes Double Tree, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc.). So he wants to use those points. But I can't find a decently located Hilton hotel. All I can find are ones 15 minutes away, and we need something closer so we can go back to the hotel to take a break.

So are there any Hilton hotels at least in the 7 minute radius? (Yes, my family is very picky). And if you have any other random tips, let me know!

Remember earlier this year I said I was going to CP, then my parents canceled it? Well now I'm going, in August!

So now I have a question. My dad does "Hilton Honors" where you get points everytime you stay at a Hilton chain hotel (which includes Double Tree, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc.). So he wants to use those points. But I can't find a decently located Hilton hotel. All I can find are ones 15 minutes away, and we need something closer so we can go back to the hotel to take a break.

So are there any Hilton hotels at least in the 7 minute radius? (Yes, my family is very picky). And if you have any other random tips, let me know!

Congratulations! I leave for Cedar Point Thursday! It will be only my second trip up there! My advice... Go more than one day. You can not ride everything you want in one day. Last time I went I missed some rides I really wanted to ride like Mantis and Skyhawk. I'm almost certain there is a Hampton in close by because thats where we are staying. But I don't know how far away it is, because my mom planned it. Have fun!

Guest Millennium

I hate to be rude, but there have been like 10 threads on advice for Cedar Point. :P Like I've said in most of them, I can give advice only because I love CP so much.

Don't miss the fab five as I call it: Magnum XL-200 (it is no DB though in terms of roughness), Millennium Force, Maverick (ride before the park opens to the GP), Dragster, and Raptor. I also like Skyhawk there, I don't know if you have been to Dorney or Knotts but it is basically the same as their Screamin' Swing. Some other fun coasters are Wildcat, Blue Streak, Wicked Twister, and Disaster Transport. Park in the Soak City lot as most enter in the main entrance, you will also get AWESOME views of Millie and Maverick.

If you are tired of lines, ride the railroad, Ferris Wheel, Iron Dragon, or Corkscrew.

Have fun.

The problem with trying to get a closer hotel is Sandusky Bay. You have 2.5 miles of causeway (or 4 of chausse) just to get to the mainland, then most hotels are located down on 250 which is another mile and half. Thus leaving you at least a ten minute drive to get to a hotel (unless you stay on US 6, which is about seven minutes).

I hate to be rude, but there have been like 10 threads on advice for Cedar Point. :P Like I've said in most of them, I can give advice only because I love CP so much.

Don't miss the fab five as I call it: Magnum XL-200 (it is no DB though in terms of roughness), Millennium Force, Maverick (ride before the park opens to the GP), Dragster, and Raptor. I also like Skyhawk there, I don't know if you have been to Dorney or Knotts but it is basically the same as their Screamin' Swing. Some other fun coasters are Wildcat, Blue Streak, Wicked Twister, and Disaster Transport. Park in the Soak City lot as most enter in the main entrance, you will also get AWESOME views of Millie and Maverick.

If you are tired of lines, ride the railroad, Ferris Wheel, Iron Dragon, or Corkscrew.

Have fun.

Thanks for the tips; but your first sentence isn't true. This thread is about are there any good Hilton hotels nearby. But thanks for the tips anyways ;).