June 28th Visit

Delirium13

I'll keep this brief as it's a ridiculous time of night to be typing this, but I can't fall asleep so I decided I'd go ahead and type this, hoping that I'll be tired enough when I'm done... :rolleyes:

I made my 4th trip out to the park this year on Monday, and I'd have to say it was my best trip so far this year. I was with a couple family members from out of town who hadn't been to the park in almost 10 years, so I was very interested to see what their take on it would be this time around.

When we got to the park there were dark clouds all around, but we ended up lucking out and not having any rain at all. We got rides in on Flight Deck, Xtreme Skyflyer, Drop Tower, Flight of Fear, Adventure Express, Invertigo, Scrambler, the Monster, Racer, Diamondback x2, The Beast x2, Race for Your Life..., Zephyr, and Boo Blasters. Overall my uncle and cousin were extremely happy with their visit. We all had a great time, I always enjoy going to the park with people who haven't been in a long time and are riding many of the rides for their first time, my cousin just got over her fear of roller coasters so almost all of them were new to her, she especially like The Beast, Diamondback, and Flight of Fear.

Now onto things I noticed, I'll start with the good...

Good:

-The landscaping around the park continues to look great, my uncle even noticed and made a comment, the park looks fantastic this year.

-My uncle was also surprised at how much cleaner the park was than the last time he visited.

-All of the rides were running great on Monday, I even enjoyed my ride on Invertigo, which I usually skip.

-Our food from Skyline on International Street was delicious.

-Every employee we encountered was extremely friendly.

-It was by far my best visit to the park this year.

Now the not so good/peculiar things I noticed:

-Diamondback's waterfall was not running any of the times I saw it.

-Boo Blasters (as I mentioned already in another thread) has a few scenes that are no longer lit, and the fog effect was not working. I encountered the exact same problems 2 weeks prior to this visit.

-Flight of Fear only had audio from the pre-show and only the big flood lights were on in the queue line...

-The clock over the Festhaus is no longer working and looks terrible.

-I still miss the area specific music.

-The Living Liberty Bell's holder could use some TLC.

-Tower Gardens is still in bad shape and waterless...

I did not let any of those last points bother me or ruin my day, as I said I had a fantastic visit and my family members were very impressed with the park. It was my best visit to the park this year! Thanks to Kings Island for a fantastic day :D

-- On a side note, is it just me or do the water rides seem to be running on shallow water this year? I do not seem to remember my log riding on the ground as much ever, as it seems to do this year. And I'm pretty sure my raft on Whitewater Canyon scraped the bottom on my last visit. Has anyone else noticed this?

Now it's time for sleep...

Thanks for reading!

Kings Island's flume has always had less water depth than most, in my opinion. And yes, this year, it seems even more shallow than usual, though I really don't see how that can be the case...

Yeah I'm not sure how that could be either, but I ride the log flume fairly often and was caught off guard at how bumpy it was this year as we were just riding on the wheels of the logs.