Holiday World 2011

• 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Reading through this, I noticed this comments...

"Holiday World does not have the money for a B&M"

4 years and $22,000,000 later...they have Thunderbird.

Edit: Re-read and noticed the comment on GCI was for a full coaster installation, which HW still does not have so I edited that part of the comment out.

I just feel that if Will was still with us or even if Pat and Dan weren't in Bama that the park would be much different currently. I think the Timberliners would've happened. That Voyage wouldn't regularly stop on the MCBR. Thunderbird may have happened but not in the current location. I'm happy I got to visit the park under both Will and Dan. Also of course always seeing Pat hard at work. It truly was a great family park. I still enjoy the now in-law park and I hate using that term but the vibe has changed tremendously. However as long as they have Paula and Will's children are an active part of the park I will support it, but I also feel the need to go on a Rampage.

• Like 3

My visit today was less than stellar, I won't go as far as to say it was bad but.... Wildebeest was down all day, Mammoth went down twice while we were in line, Crows Nest was closed all day (not that this one bothered me too much), and Voyage went down probably 5 separate times. I know technical difficulties happen, but it seemed today like I was at INTAMIN the amusement park.

• Like 1

My visit today was less than stellar, I won't go as far as to say it was bad but.... Wildebeest was down all day, Mammoth went down twice while we were in line, Crows Nest was closed all day (not that this one bothered me too much), and Voyage went down probably 5 separate times. I know technical difficulties happen, but it seemed today like I was at INTAMIN the amusement park.

I was there that day to, and yes the park had a  very "INTAMIN" day. But it was one of the best days I have had at a park. From Thunderbird having a stair wait at the most, and riding Voyage at "night" with a station wait. And the general charm of the park helped to! 

• Like 3

Voyage did have a short wait and would have been quick had it not gone down while I was waiting. My biggest complaint for the day was 1 train on Legend, which was the longest line I waited in all day.

• Like 1