Delirium

Colonel_SoB_fan

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let's see... It's HUSS Park Attractions... And not just HUSS, but a "Giant" rendition of one of their rides... Who knows!

Its almost like you are implying that other giant HUSS rides at our lovely park have been subject to prolonged downtime in the past! lol

Hopefully this is just a temporary set back.

Well as you all know the reason it is not running is because of a part they can not get anymore. The design for Delirium came from an old do-it-your-self magazine. And with a modern touch to the original design they came up with Delirium. They didn't know hamsters died so fast.

fgfh.jpg

Not saying that this is whats wrong right now but back in the paramount days of Delirium my sister worked there and they had a problem with the breaks going out and it took about 2 weeks to get the new ones.They said the breaks go out if the ride is ran incorrectly. Just what i heard. With all the mechaniacs who have been climbing around up top thats what i beleive it is.

Somehow I don't think a ride would be totally shut down merely for the purpose of power washing the queue area, unless you're looking at a public health danger/emergency. As stated above many times, Delirium has been down before, usually a seasonal occurrence, due to mechanical issues. Something broke, and they're waiting for a new part to come in or to machine a new part.

Not saying that this is whats wrong right now but back in the paramount days of Delirium my sister worked there and they had a problem with the breaks going out and it took about 2 weeks to get the new ones.They said the breaks go out if the ride is ran incorrectly. Just what i heard. With all the mechaniacs who have been climbing around up top thats what i beleive it is.

I rode it about 2 weeks ago and the braking seemed weird to me then. It was quite jerky coming to a stop which I had never noticed before, so you might be on right track with your brake idea.

Well as you all know the reason it is not running is because of a part they can not get anymore. The design for Delirium came from an old do-it-your-self magazine. And with a modern touch to the original design they came up with Delirium. They didn't know hamsters died so fast.

:lol: :lol: That was good. :lol: :lol: I wonder if they save up enough box tops, they'll be able to get a decoder ring for the repair instructions.

Not saying that this is whats wrong right now but back in the paramount days of Delirium my sister worked there and they had a problem with the breaks going out and it took about 2 weeks to get the new ones.They said the breaks go out if the ride is ran incorrectly. Just what i heard. Wthats what i beleive it is.

I don’t think it quite happens that way. But they have had to wait on a part to be shipped from overseas before, and I’m sure that’s what the hang up is this time. I’m sure the park is anxious to get the ride back open but wants to make sure that the ride is performing at 100% so as to not cause more problems down the road.

I was at the park Wednesday and around 4pm an employee was power-washing the queue. This may be one of the reasons that it has been down.

The ride would not be shut down just for power washing the line. They are probably just taking advantage of the downtime since they really don't have the opportunity to power wash again until the park goes back to operating on weekends.

Not saying that this is whats wrong right now but back in the paramount days of Delirium my sister worked there and they had a problem with the breaks going out and it took about 2 weeks to get the new ones.They said the breaks go out if the ride is ran incorrectly. Just what i heard. Wthats what i beleive it is.

I don't think it quite happens that way. But they have had to wait on a part to be shipped from overseas before, and I'm sure that's what the hang up is this time. I'm sure the park is anxious to get the ride back open but wants to make sure that the ride is performing at 100% so as to not cause more problems down the road.

I was at the park Wednesday and around 4pm an employee was power-washing the queue. This may be one of the reasons that it has been down.

The ride would not be shut down just for power washing the line. They are probably just taking advantage of the downtime since they really don't have the opportunity to power wash again until the park goes back to operating on weekends.

Park Services will take care of rides every now and then. Last night they power washed Diamondback and Rivertown.

I rode it about 2 weeks ago and the braking seemed weird to me then. It was quite jerky coming to a stop which I had never noticed before, so you might be on right track with your brake idea.

I noticed this too!!! It was almost skewing. Which I didn't think was normal.

Park Services will take care of rides every now and then. Last night they power washed Diamondback and Rivertown.

It's actually not Park Services but a maintenance crew (the name of the actual department escapes me, maybe Landscaping) that does the power washing in the mornings and at night.

It's actually not Park Services but a maintenance crew (the name of the actual department escapes me, maybe Landscaping) that does the power washing in the mornings and at night.

I was there a few weeks ago and noticed a stagger while taking a ride. Seems to me if the brakes are a yearly event that CF would order extra parts and have them on site instead of

ordering and having two weeks of inactivity for a popular ride. The day I rode it I was actually glad to get off because it sounded and acted very different than usual.

You sure, because they have asked me before to help with power washing.