Delirium

Colonel_SoB_fan

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I know what you mean - it feels to me like on Viking Fury when you can feel the ship contact the wheels and there's an awkward lurch. This year, I felt that on Delirium as if the motor is sort of "kicking" and it attempts to switch directions. And I agree, I have not felt that at Cedar Point's maXair..

I think I know what you mean - it feels to me like on Viking Fury when you can feel the ship contact the wheels and there's an awkward lurch. This year, I felt that on Delirium as if the motor is sort of "kicking" and it attempts to switch directions. And I agree, I have not felt that at Cedar Point's maXair..

A few weeks ago I only noticed jerkiness in the last 5 to 6 swings before it stoped. Seemed like a brake issue then to me. The rest of the ride seemed normal. That ride anyway!

This really has nothing to do with this but I want to know is MaXair smaller than Delerium because to me it seemed as if it was

They're both HUSS Giant Frisbees of the same size. I believe there are only three Giant ones on Earth... Funny that two ended up in Ohio, and owned by the same park operator... Guess that's what happens when two parks are severe competitors, one invests in a unique and groundbreaking ride, the other decides to break into the flat ride business by copying the other's successful ride, and then they both end up in the same park family!

Break into the flat business? Actually, Cedar Point had and still has many more flat rides than does Kings Island...and it is a little known fact that Cedar Fair executives came to Kings Island and rode Delirium and consulted with the gracious folk at Kings Island before they bought MaXair.

They're both HUSS Giant Frisbees of the same size. I believe there are only three Giant ones on Earth... Funny that two ended up in Ohio, and owned by the same park operator... Guess that's what happens when two parks are severe competitors, one invests in a unique and groundbreaking ride, the other decides to break into the flat ride business by copying the other's successful ride, and then they both end up in the same park family!

Yeah I just wish Kings Island could have gotten a ride like Skyhawk in Cedar Point. I loved that ride. :wub:

I was simply flashing back to a time when Cedar Point had roller coasters, but the question was, what about anything else? Kings Island was the answer to that: Tomb Raider, Delirium, Drop Zone, Viking Fury, and all of Coney Mall's classic flats... We had the upper hand in that category. Today, Cedar Point has maXair and Skyhawk, and we have The Crypt... In many ways, we're tied... It's a point I didn't think we'd come to!

I was simply flashing back to a time when Cedar Point had roller coasters, but the question was, what about anything else? Kings Island was the answer to that: Tomb Raider, Delirium, Drop Zone, Viking Fury, and all of Coney Mall's classic flats... We had the upper hand in that category. Today, Cedar Point has maXair and Skyhawk, and we have The Crypt... In many ways, we're tied... It's a point I didn't think we'd come to!

Ahh The Crypt aka Ferris Wheel

In my opion Kings Island has some uppers!

Corkcrew vs Vortex

Iron Dragon Vs Top Gun

Blue Streak Vs Racer

Mine Ride Vs. Adventure Express

KI has Drop Tower and Delirum

The only place CP wins is that they have a Coal Powered train, a lake, and resorts.

Both parks have their own personality and I love them both!!

Once Cedar Fair can practice what they preach with gest service they will rock the industry!!

Yeah a Ferris Wheel is a nice relaxing ride. The only one of those at Kings Island is the Carousel and The Train :(

... And Woodstock's Whirlybirds. And the wait leading up to Woodstock's Whirlybirds...

And for that, a massive counterweight would have to be added to the opposite end of the arm to balance both ends out when it does go upside down.

Now there IS a ride similar to what LongLiveKingsCobra is talking about, the Mondial Ultra Max:

large1.jpg

In fact, Mondial is the same company that built Delirium at Great America, known as the Revolution.

In my opion Kings Island has some uppers!

Corkcrew vs Vortex

Iron Dragon Vs Top Gun

Blue Streak Vs Racer

Mine Ride Vs. Adventure Express

KI has Drop Tower and Delirum

The only place CP wins is that they have a Coal Powered train, a lake, and resorts.

Both parks have their own personality and I love them both!!

Once Cedar Fair can practice what they preach with gest service they will rock the industry!!

Kings Island has Drop Tower and Delerium but Cedar Point has MaXair and Tower of Power. So you can look at it from either way

And for that, a massive counterweight would have to be added to the opposite end of the arm to balance both ends out when it does go upside down.

Now there IS a ride similar to what LongLiveKingsCobra is talking about, the Mondial Ultra Max:

large1.jpg

In fact, Mondial is the same company that built Delirium at Great America, known as the Revolution.

That last used to be at Great Adventure as Frisbee...loved it there, love it in Chicago. A great ride it is...and far, far more intense than Delirium or MaXair...

EDIT: Actually the ride at SFGAm (which was at SFGAd) is a standard Huss Frisbee. See below.

The Revolution at Six Flags Great America may LOOK like a Huss Giant Frisbee, but that's where the resemblance ends. It spins far, far faster and is a very intense ride. Also, the seats face inwards, not outwards...it is not a ride for those who do not like fast, spinny rides.

EDIT: And as indicated below, it is a standard HUSS Frisbee.