Most Beautiful Ride

Whales_Rock

So I searched and didn't seem to find a similar topic. At King's Island, which ride looks the best?

In terms of their paint, It can include what it was in the past, not just now, for example The Racer looked super nice, so you could vote for that biggrin.gif

Then in terms of structure- I can't decide between Flight of Fear and Vortex!

And one last one, kind of over all: If you were coming to King's Island for the first time, which one would you be most excited to go on, or which one would look the most appealing?

And, oh, again, another one: Which rides of the past that are no longer here would you vote for in both of the polls?

The hill of Sob, although probably the biggest waste of money, is the best part of the ride now. Who's idea was it to not only got that high, but stay that high for a long time? And its the best part of the ride now because its the only thing you can experience. Looking at it.

Colors are constructs of the brain, not physical realities, and the presumption would thus be that whatever color or color combination is most appealing to humans is attractive because of some ecological/evolutionary advantage. The National Fire Protection Association uses color-coded warnings in which red indicates flammability, and yellow indicates reactivity. The U.S. Department of Transportation identifies the Pantone colors for its traffic signs, reserving red , yellow , and orange for the most important cautionary signs. So do we instinctively associate danger with these colors? After all, Mother Nature warns us with the red and yellow of the poisonous coral snake . If not by instinct, then perhaps by experience we learn to associate danger with red and yellow.

Why do Diamondback's supports do that? The yellow supports for the lift/first drop, then beige for the rest of the ride?

I think it's to make the lift hill stand out from the rest of the ride.

From what I have hear Red and Yellow are suppose to make you hungry. Not sure how that works or if it has been debunked, but McDonald's believed whomever said it.

Maybe you are to ride DB and wanna snack afterwards?

I would guess the reason why DB's color changes from yellow to beige is to give the appearance of an actual Diamondback snake.

In this picture:

http://www.outdooroddities.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/huge_Diamondback_rattlesnake_del_rio_texas.jpg

it looks to me that the color is more vibrant near the head, and fades toward the tail.

I like Db colors, but its the repeating of those colors on what seems like all new CF coasters that makes me mad. I want something unique.

Maverick-Red and White

Intimidator-Red and White

Diamondback-Red and Yellow

I305-Red and Yellow

TTD: Red, Yellow, and white.

Seeing a pattern?

I like Db colors, but its the repeating of those colors on what seems like all new CF coasters that makes me mad. I want something unique.

Maverick-Red and White

Intimidator-Red and White

Diamondback-Red and Yellow

I305-Red and Yellow

TTD: Red, Yellow, and white.

Seeing a pattern?

It's not only the new CF coasters that are red, or a shade of red:

FH @ KI

Magnum @ CP

ID @ CP

Mantis @CP

SF @ Dorney

TH @ MA

SS @ Knott's

SB @ Knott's

Xcelerator @ Knott's

MM @ VF

Boomerang @ WoF

Mamba @ WoF

Patriot @ WoF

And it wouldn't surprise me if a missed a couple...

It's not only the new CF coasters that are red, or a shade of red:

FH @ KI

Magnum @ CP

ID @ CP

Mantis @CP

SF @ Dorney

TH @ MA

SS @ Knott's

SB @ Knott's

Xcelerator @ Knott's

MM @ VF

Boomerang @ WoF

Mamba @ WoF

Patriot @ WoF

And it wouldn't surprise me if a missed a couple...

Actually, we should also add Flight Deck to that list. It is also turning a shade of scarlet red before our eyes.

KIBOB, who beleives Cedar Fair does not have to pay mother nature to paint a coaster......

Although I prefered the neon green... I think Firehawk is very appealing to the eye when it comes to color. As far as structure, Son of Beast has it hands down. It is absolutely amazing how the structure stands... Each board filling a piece of the puzzle.

img1185m.jpg

Vortex is the most beautiful coaster at Kings Island bar none.

Agreed!

SOB has a beautiful structure? ...hmm... Perhaps if one's idea of structural beauty is a poorly made structure that prevents the coaster from operating... It just strikes me as funny because the structure is the whole problem, there.

Since we could include paint jobs of the past, I voted for Racer. It looked wonderful in it's first couple of years with the red and blue in addition to the white.

Structure-wise, I voted for SoB. Sure, the structure is the problem, but it is impressive to look up at. That massive first hill (from both sides) just looks like a wall of wood. Even the painful rosebowl is great to look at.