Low Holiday weekend attendance

Colonel_SoB_fan

We went yesterday (4th) for a few hours, and had a fantastic time. A friend of mine has sworn for years that one of the best days to go is on the 4th, because everyone thinks the place will be crowded and thus they don't go. We did a bit in Planet Snoopy and rode WWC, which I was blown away had a 15 minute wait. Last time I was at the park a few weeks back, it was a 90 minute wait. Unreal.

Wound up going to BB, and it seemed crowded to me there. Thankfully, we had left by the time the power outage hit.

RD

Terpy, I was workin on the SOB/Gun crew during that Bring a Friend free fiasco. I didn't leave until after 1am, and the park was kept open an extra hour because of all the people there.

Not to mention the backup on 71N that I had to sit in that lasted close to an hour...

What a day. I still have nightmares ;)

Yes, but we know you...you STILL had a great time, right?

Oh absolutely! We rode 11 rides in 8 hours and still had time to sit down and eat, and enjoy the fireworks on the beach. I found it very odd if not a bit spooky how jam packed all the lots were, yet the ride lines were barely half full if not a station wait. But I wasn't complaining! ;)

Well, I can tell you that people showed up in droves at Coney this weekend. From what I have heard, Saturday the 3rd, balloon glow day, was a record day for Coney. And yesterday was a lot better than last year`s 4th of July. Last year, it rained nearly all day on the 4th of July (Coney actually closed two hours early last year on the 4th because there was no one at the park because of the weather).