Animals in the park

IndyGuy4KI

I have seen all king of animals at the park. I have seen mice, squirrels, ferrets, pigs, goats, cats, dogs, snakes, cranes, opossums, rats, crabs (sea variety), monkeys, parrots, wood chucks and oh yea, even several DUCKS! But speaking of wood chucks - how much wood would a wood chuck, chuck it if wood chuck could chuck, chuck, chuck?

Actually, they were staying inside the kennel,except for the squirrels and the mice. You will b e surprised the animals that people bring to board while they are in the park. But skunks are throughout the park and while working nights, be on the lookout unless you have tomato juice by the tanker.

• 7 months later...

I've seen deer just grazing and chilling out near the little wooded area right before Flight Deck goes down the first drop. It made me smile :) They didn't even seem phased, but I guess they just adapt to all the noises and commotion around them. Makes me think of all the seagulls at Cedar Point and how they will just swoop by so close to you even while you're riding! ( That happened to me while on Gatekeeper! A seagull with nesting materials flew by within a hairs breath of my feet! Made me chuckle ^_^ )

• Like 4

I've seen assorted birds, groundhogs, squirrels, chipmunks and skunks. I don't think I've ever seen any deer. I am curious about "Olaf" though - he's always around early in the season, and is the only one of his species I've ever seen in the wild.

• Like 1

If that squirrel had bitten you, you would had to undergo those painful rabies shots. When I worked at KI in 1993, I had to take several bags of trash to the dumpster behind Rivertown Pizza at 1AM and I encountered a clan of raccoons and I was lucky that I was not bitten.

• Like 1

Both times I was KI so far this year, I've seen Canada geese by the Royal Fountains:

img1350l.jpg

April 27

img1794ev.jpg
May 26

Also at Cedar Point last year I saw a group of sparrows hanging out by Top Thrill Dragster. I think it's cool how they get used to the sometimes loud(er) life of an amusement park. :)

Kings Island is home to lots of geese and they are either hatching or have chicks that have already hatched. A couple years ago, a duck chose her nest beneath a picnic table in one of the back areas and a police tape was placed around it to give her some privacy until her eggs hatched.