Wedding at KI

Diamondback96

Wow so its actually been done huh?

Way back in '07 me and my wife had talked about a Kings Island Wedding. We actually went to the park in June to scope everything out for it. Eventually though the cost and planning got so high, however, that we backed out of it, and we actually ended up just having a nice budget friendly wedding in my in-law's backyard, and we did it in August of '07 (we were planning on using 6-7-08 as our wedding date at Kings Island).

My hats off to anyone who's pulled it off. We called KI on this very matter and were told its never been done before that, primarily because while they aren't opposed to it, they can't block the GP From entering any certain area.

• Like 1

Cool!

I don't think I would get married at King's Island but I've thought about proposing on top of the Eiffel Tower or something.

A certain poster here has done just that. Hint: It was not IndyGuy!

Would you be referring to me and my plan to propose on the Eiffel Tower during fireworks, which failed because of Mrs. Gator's need for a sundae? laugh.gif

• Like 2

Guest Millennium

Cool for them. If I could get married at any park it would be Dollywood or Isls. of Adventure. Both are beautiful :wub:

• 5 years later...

Cedar Point has wedding information ready on their website due to their popularity as a great wedding destination with a mile long beach and several hotels. In order to inquire about one at Kings Island, your best bet would be calling/e-mailing the park directly.

Okay. Thanks! I'll have to email them 

• Like 1

When I was planning my wedding years and years ago, I had my heart set on Coney Island's Moonlite Gardens. Even though I hadn't been to Coney Island before, I saw the venue online and thought it was absolutely stunning.

We ended up deciding on a winter wedding at a state park. Winter is more my personality and we had a nice light snowfall. Plus, money-wise, it was a fantastic deal for all we got.

Coney Island is something to consider if Kings Island doesn't work out! Truly beautiful venue. http://coneyislandpark.com/private-parties-and-weddings

• Like 3

I know it's stupid a single 14 year old girl for asking. I just have BIG dreams!

I know a girl who saw a bride at Disney's California Grill and .said that was the wedding she would have. She was 12 at the time .I had the pleasure of walking her down the aisle at Disney's Beach Club 15 years later.  Dreams can come true.

• Like 8