suggestions for meals

_rugrats_5

Hi all - new member here. Will be at Kings Island next week for first time in about 10 years. Have been reading comments that food is high priced and not very good. Has anyone ever left the park in the afternoon to go eat somewhere else, then returned to the park? How long dioes this take? If it is better to stay in the park, where is the best place to eat? We have 3 teens and 2 adults. Also, we are staying at comfort suites, Mason. What restaurants are near there? Is there anything else in the area other than the Beach. Thanks for your help.

Dear rugrats

Welcome aboard I went to KI last year for the first time in a year and I want to tell you the prices have change in 10 years all I can say is they buffet resturaunt in Rivertown go on the website to the places to eat section and find the name of buffet and go from there and brind plenty of food money just in case if have favorite. Good Luck

Take care God Bless Have Fun

Marcia :)

Marcia is right, bring lots of food money if you want to eat in the park, average meal per person is 10 to 15 bucks. There is a McDonald's, Taco Bell, A Mexican place and many more place to eat right outside the park. if money is not a factor eat in the park the fare is not so bad. If you have a gold pass you can get a meal deal for around 30 bucks that feeds four or they even have a BBQ all you can eat which is not so bad.

In park eateries.

And welcome to KIC :)

My (biased) opinion on the food: I wouldn't really call it "bad" or "slop", each time I have eaten in the park, I've been happy with the quality of the food. If you were to eat in the park, I would suggest the Backyard BBQ. I haven't had it yet this year, and the food choices are different this year, but I was happy with it last year.

_rugrats_5 welcome to KICentral. Every member has a unique situation and expectation when visiting Kings Island and sometime that makes it a little harder to answer questions like these in general. I would tell many who have not visited Kings Island in many years to not get to hung up on food prices unless their budget dictates that they do so. Just know that prices will be expensive so get over that shock now so when you're in the park you're not obsessing about prices but more about the quality family time. You did well trying to figure this out now as that will save you time. Many of the responses above about choices in and out of that park are good responses. We tend to try to eat a breakfast shortly before entering the park then eat late afternoon at the Backyard BBQ, to tie us over between meals that is when we like to snack on ice cream, pretzels and many other snack food items. Enjoy your upcoming visit to Kings Island.

There is a myriad of family activities around the Cincinnati area, the zoo, Wake Nation (since you have teenagers) Pro Baseball, B.B. Riverboat Cruises, Newport Aquarium to just name a few things.

I suggest the Skyline out by the entrance to The Beach, it's air-conditioned, cheaper and better than the slop found in park. My experiences have out of park time about 30-45min.

Do you mean 30-45 minutes just to leave, or that long to leave, eat, and return? I am not at all familiar with the area. Thanks for your help.

To add on to what Purple Haze said, a lot ofthe in park food is amazing.

Good

Jukebox diner

Outback in BB Note: Nothing like the Steakhouse

Planet Snoopy Grill

All Pizza (Best out of the entire Larosoa's chain) Imo

Ice Cream Graters and in PS and Action Zone

Potato Works

Dippin Dotts

I-Street Pretzles

Skline

Subway(Prices are extremely high 5.99 for 1/2 a footlong

Panada Express

Bad

Fries in Festaus

All food at Outer Hanks

I can't think of anything else.

Hope this helps.

OH! I am the Outer Hanks King! lol... Well the front part food is ok, seafood in nature but the back is where the good stuff comes in. I am not sure about this year I haven't bought anything there yet 'cept a beer. They have the best loaded fries in town and buffalo wings..

When we go, we take enough money to eat when needed, etc. We eat a good breakfast before arriving, have the big fries or something similar for lunch and then eat dinner somewhere. I enjoyed the food at the diner near Vortex. Everything I have had there was far from slop. Really, if people do not think of McDonalds and most other fast food as slop they have no taste buds, lol.

So if we were to leave the park it would NOT be for fast food for McDs or americanized mexican food ;) It would be from a decent restaurant, and last I checked those are not cheap either.

Guest Millennium

I LIKED Outer Hanks when they had fish n chips, pork sandwiches, etc., but KI ruined it with their new menu. I got a half chicken with a roll, and the chicken was dry while the roll was stale. I eat at Pandas now or go out to my car and eat.

Personal thoughts on this, and what I did when I used to frequent KI. If I am going to drop $10 to $20 on food per person, I am going to Ruby Tuesday just up the street. GREAT food across the board, really good service, and as long as you dont order a Filet Mignon and a Grey Goose martini, you will come in for the same price or less than you would at the park. Now, with that said, if I WERE going to eat in the park, it would certainly be Backyard BBQ only.

I love the chilli cheese fries at Potato Works, almost as good as CP's (just need to be a little thicker) GREAT SNACK for $6.99. What they need is chesse on a stick!!

As for meals I normally leave the park since most resturants are becoming chains anyway's, I still need to check out Outer Hanks and Panda!

Something to consider...if you don't have a season pass, you can get back in with a handstamp but do you have to pay to park again? That's another 10 bucks! I assume so since many people bring a cooler and go eat in the parking lot.

I have found that you can eat in the park without spending a ton. My husband and I split two slices of pizza and potato works then maybe get an ice cream or something. I think it comes up to less than $20. And we always just get water because it is free, better for you anyway, and the price of pop is out of control!

Something to consider...if you don't have a season pass, you can get back in with a handstamp but do you have to pay to park again? That's another 10 bucks! I assume so since many people bring a cooler and go eat in the parking lot.

I have found that you can eat in the park without spending a ton. My husband and I split two slices of pizza and potato works then maybe get an ice cream or something. I think it comes up to less than $20. And we always just get water because it is free, better for you anyway, and the price of pop is out of control!

a. Re-entry into the parking lot is free for non-seasonpassholders...just show your receipt.

b. The water thing saves tons and tons of money. At virtually $4 each, soft drinks add up fast...three each for four people is right about $50!

I loves me some Outer Hanks chicken and sides....and the loaded fries with bbq pork on top..NOM!

Donnie still owes me some this year lol, perhaps when I'm there in a few weeks.:P

When you was there this spring I called you while I was there an you never answered but yes I owe you let me know when you are there cause we are eat'n loaded fries...lol

Personal thoughts on this, and what I did when I used to frequent KI. If I am going to drop $10 to $20 on food per person, I am going to Ruby Tuesday just up the street. GREAT food across the board,

May have to check it out sometime, cause the one down here, sucks, big time. I HATE bland tasteless Burgers when I am at place that is supposed to have some of the best around.