I wonder

Purplehaze

I wonder why recently or in my observation at least they have a closed sign on the single rider line on DB? The sign reads single rider line is full however it is completely empty... lol.. I asked about this on two different occasions and the ride op just said it is full. The last time I asked the nice girl said it is full and I replied with "um, it is empty" and she laughed. She knew I knew it was empty. Why would they tell ops to say this when it is clearly evident it is a empty line. Why just not say we closed it for whatever reason.

Guest rcfreak339

Maybe they were just told to close the line? Maybe the the people working the ride have no idea why it's closed? She was most likely just joking when she told you the line was full.

As a former DB crew member, yes folks I don't work there anymore...had to quit on personal issues, I can answer this question. When the SRL is closed, that means that there are guests all the way down the stairs. The people in this line could wait for 20-50 minutes depending on how fast the general line is moving. It is often deemed quicker to go through the main line than it is to go in the SRL. It may not look full to you...but it is. When I visit the park, when I'm alone I often just go through the regular line as it moves quicker than the SRL.

I hope this helped.

• Like 1

When I sit and think about this I imagine it does not seem fair to paired guest who wait in line for long times while singles rush by and get on real quick.

Then they can get in the singles line...but not expect to ride together. This is no different than that opposite situation, taking longer to get to ride if one chooses the front or back seat of a ride, as a rule...