Handstamp ink

CedarPointer

It seems that they've changed the handstamp ink again. I actually think it's much too hard to get off, it almost seems like rubber or something. It's also really thick. An improvement over the 2009 ink, but it actually seems *too* hard to get off, in my opinion, anyway. Glad to see them listening to feedback though.

I hate putting anything on my hands! I don't even use lotion when they get dry. Being the musician that I am, "I keep a close watch on these hands of mine, I keep my eyes wide open all the time." Having my hand stamped is usually the downer of my day at the parks. However, one of the worries I always have, in the back of my mind, is that the stamp would wear-off and I'd have to pay to get back into the park. If this new stuff is longer lasting/less resistant to rubbing off, that's all for the good. I really shouldn't complain - at least they don't stamp your forehead!

I hate putting anything on my hands! I don't even use lotion when they get dry. Being the musician that I am, "I keep a close watch on these hands of mine, I keep my eyes wide open all the time." Having my hand stamped is usually the downer of my day at the parks. However, one of the worries I always have, in the back of my mind, is that the stamp would wear-off and I'd have to pay to get back into the park. If this new stuff is longer lasting/less resistant to rubbing off, that's all for the good. I really shouldn't complain - at least they don't stamp your forehead!

Hmmmmmm Hank I think you can add -

You keep the hand out for the stamp that binds

Because you're marked, you walk the line.

If you do it correctly, there will be no need for a Johnny on the spot, so you can put away your Cash or there is always the alternative finding yourself playing at Folsom.

I got my hand stamped yesterday and was very pleasantly surprised at the new ink they're using. It was much more durable than the stuff they used last year (and even earlier this year). It lasted through several handwashings yesterday but is completely gone today. It's not the blacklight reactive ink that I was responsible for ordering back in the Paramount days, but kudos to KI Admissions for finding much better ink! I don't get my hand stamped too often, but I'll have to try it out again on my next several visits to see if it was just a fluke or if it is actually that much better.

Gator, who considers himself somewhat of an expert in re-entry ink!

The new ink is a huge plus for guests! But for us employees it is a little harder to get off. The first day we got it I went in to wash my hands probably 5 minutes after I got it and it would not come off. The stamp did not come off all the way until the next morning when I scrubbed it off in the shower. I love the colors also because you can see it clearly on all skin types. It is making our job easier but involves a lot more cleaning on our part.

Glad some of you appreciate it!!

You dislike the ink because it stays on longer? :huh:

It's impossible to make everyone happy I suppose. Hopefully the ink will grow on you?

You are right that you can't make everybody happy. And yes the fact that it takes a scrubbing to come off is a pain so I don't like it. This is likely also because I never had a problem with prior inks (the blacklight from a couple of years ago was best IMO). Either way it's not going to affect my day at the park though.

Mine looked like a bar stamp, if pulled over on the way home I am sure the officer would say "have you been drinking?" ha!

If the officer pulls you over and says "Sir, your eyes look red, have you been drinking?", you say "Officer, your eyes look glazed, have you been eating doughnuts".

I was at the park today and got my hand stamped to see the new ink. It's very similar to Waldameer's except it is a smaller stamp and isn't pepto bismo colored. The stamp they use at Waldameer is about three inches in diameter and is extremely hard to get off.

Last week mine was huge and royal blue in color.

I was at the park today and got my hand stamped to see the new ink. It's very similar to Waldameer's except it is a smaller stamp and isn't pepto bismo colored. The stamp they use at Waldameer is about three inches in diameter and is extremely hard to get off.

Ur Kennywood stamp lasted quite some time :lol:.

Well hears my 5 Nickels. 1. I have Been to 7 Cedar Fair Parks this season 1 out of the 7 witch is KI has to use this so called new handstamp. 2. I have been told 5 different Storys why they wont go back to the Blacklight and no its not a Fire hazzard.

Why cant they do what Great Adventure does make 2 lanes for Handstanp Rentry only and use a black light but use the small ones that goes around your neck. If its the type that Waldameer has I wont be gettign my hand stamp at KI when I want to leave the park and come back. Ive seen to many people get there hand stamps and stamping what they have on there hand on to there friends hands. Simple go back to the Blacklight.