NEW FOR 2011

From the picture of the Star Flyer in Vienna, its 12 cars of 2 people. That just seems too little for Cedar Point. It has to take awhile to load and unload and rise up there. Then the ride, with only 24 people. Maybe CF will make a larger one with more capacity, but I for some reason I don't see a large star flyer, maybe a kids ride that is smaller, fitting with the stratasaur name.

From the picture of the Star Flyer in Vienna, its 12 cars of 2 people. That just seems too little for Cedar Point. It has to take awhile to load and unload and rise up there. Then the ride, with only 24 people. Maybe CF will make a larger one with more capacity, but I for some reason I don't see a large star flyer, maybe a kids ride that is smaller, fitting with the stratasaur name.

The footprint seems to be quite large.

It could be 2 Star Flyers.

There's an ungoing discussion going on at Pbuzz. Lots of people saw the link on the US patent site, which is now MIA.

There are other sites confirming it as well....http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2010/08/all-way-up-into-stratosoar.html

EDIT

Here is the LINK

And in a shocking turn of events, one day after being reported on PointBuzz:

icon_STOP.gif2011 - Stratosoar / Thrill Ride - Semi-Confirmed - (8/3/10) Thanks to one of our readers for the tip, I’ve confirmed that Cedar Fair has filed Trademark application for the name “Stratosoar” on July 16th. Hmm… sounds like a perfect name for a gigantic Star Flyer style ride, doesn’t it? (Of course, since it was filed by Cedar Fair, it could be for any park in the chain… but The Point makes the most sense right now.

But let's not forget this (before it gets deleted):

(7/7/10) The latest rumors about Cedar Point’s next big project claim it will be a coaster from Intamin once again… despite all the various technical problems The Point has had with rides from them. According to another source, this new Intamin creation may be a new prototype creation we haven’t seen anywhere else before. Stay Tuned!

This is too funny....

Why does everything have to be about a new ride?

Why can't things just be meant for the most obvious of reasons?

A present that has Snoopy on the name tag- is really for Snoopy.

A pile of dirt- is really just a pile of dirt.

A closed coaster- is really still closed.

cool.gif

Well, they said on Facebook that they would open up the box at 2pm to show everyone. So far, not a peep from the park. You try to go to Cedar Point's website, it's been down since 2. Maybe this is Cedar Point's way of saying "LOL jk."

EDIT: And now their site is working again, with nothing changed.

^yea, just look at it this way (i know this isn't Cedar Fair, but...) today, el toro at six flags great adventure finally got it's one millionth rider, it's been open to the public for four years, Diamondback was opened a little over a year when it gave it's 2 millionth rider.

... on second thought, is that because el toro was built by intamin, or is it because it's in new jersey? :unsure:

Kinzel's already said that the new ride won't be built by Intamin. I assume it's because they've had enough problems with Intamin in the past, and the price tag on their coasters is always through the roof.

I wonder why the announcement hasn't reached the internet yet...

... on second thought, is that because el toro was built by intamin, or is it because it's in new jersey? unsure.gif

Don't drive in JERSEY much? BOY you have a lot to learn, there are only two things worse than an Intamin: Parking in Philly and Driving in Jersey!

"Kinzel's already said that the new ride won't be built by Intamin"

HAHAHA!! Would this be the same dick who said "food prices will only increase by a nickel or two" or "The poor economy will actually help INCREASE attendance" ? I need a statement from a more trustworthy individual to have any cred in my book when it comes to who will or will not be building a new anything at Cedar Point. At this point, I truly am skeptical about any new ride being installed there simply due to the poor financial condition CF is in. Now, I may eat my words, and if I do well then so be it, I will admit it.

I'm not one to trust Dick Kinzel either, but I think what he said about not including Intamin in their new project had a lot of truth to it. Putting his words aside, we were all expecting it sooner or later with the late opening of Maverick and STR as well as the poor reliability of the Intamin launch coasters found around the park, especially the tall red one in the middle of the park that Kinzel has called the "worst investment he's ever made".

EDIT: As for the $90 Million Dollar that Cedar Fair is spending for next year, I think we can expect something interesting to some degree aside from the Planet Snoopys.

I'm still waiting to see what level of investment Al Weber & Co. (assuming he is still there) put into that place that numbers its flags next year. It will be most interesting to see where and how they spend how much and on what.

And how they price their offerings, including, but not limited to, season passes, in park food and merchandising, gate admission, parking...