NEW FOR 2011

Here's the profile pic on Facebook.

40026_421440511462_10625691462_5314114_6448036_n.jpg

just something to think about.....

if you look at the question marks each one is a different font, but if you look closely at some of them, you can tell that some are a font of certain ride logos.

for example.....the bottom right hand corners' question mark looks like it belongs to the new ride, Shoot the Rapids.

"We have some exciting plans for next summer," said Clark Culbertson, Cedar Point's vice president of marketing. "Our followers on Facebook are among our biggest fans. We want to reward them for their support and let them have some fun in the process."Cedar Point has offered special benefits to its Facebook fan throughout the 2010 season, including discounted tickets. The park hopes to offer additional deals to Facebook fans when its page reaches 500,000 fans.

http://www.newsnet5....on-via-facebook

I am not going to let CP get me this year. I will get excited or not only after they make their announcement. Lightning won't be striking me twice.

Agreed, I'll follow the teasers CP posts on facebook, but I won't let myself get excited and post on KIC or any other forum about it until after the announcement.

Some of the responses on Cedar Point's facebook are great...

"Build a lay-down flying coaster that goes from Ocean Motion to the parking lot."

"They can't build anything on the beach! It would sink. In fact, Cedar Point said that they have to take down Magnum soon because it's sinking. I bet they're taking it down this year."

I still say a GG or GCI woodie

Gravity Group Facebook quote today:

"The Gravity Group Yes. When CCI closed, the engineering team got together and we formed The Gravity Group. Eight years and five coasters later, here we are. And we are looking forward to 5 exciting tracks for 2011!"

I think this tells us that GG is not involved at CP, based upon what work they have announced:

• Quassy
  • Grona Lund
  • Happy Valley
  • Zippin Pippin Recreation

If you include 2 tracks for racing at Happy Valley, that makes 5.

I'm not thinking GG is hinting at all about CP. I am thinking that their customers have all announced plans already and they are therefore now able to be more specific. Prior to this, they have always posted generic things like "multiple exciting new projects" from my recollection.

Of course I could be wrong also.

If Cedar Point adds a Star Flyer for 2011, I will probably do Holiwood Nights instead of CoasterMania.

People say things like they won't buy passes for next year, or they'll never visit the park again, which are usually just statements made to express their disappointment. But for me, if it's a choice between Holiwood Nights and CoasterMania (Which it will be), then I would rather go to Holiday World then to Cedar Point if Cedar Point has relatively nothing new to offer.

If Cedar Point adds a Star Flyer for 2011, I will probably do Holiwood Nights instead of CoasterMania.

People say things like they won't buy passes for next year, or they'll never visit the park again, which are usually just statements made to express their disappointment. But for me, if it's a choice between Holiwood Nights and CoasterMania (Which it will be), then I would rather go to Holiday World then to Cedar Point if Cedar Point has relatively nothing new to offer.

I think people are grossly underestimating how fun, unique, and thrilling a Star Flyer can be...

GYK, who didn't say anything about capacity...

Guest Millennium

And why are you assuming the two events will fall on the same dates again? Personally I don't feel if it is a competition. I will for sure be back for HWN nest year, and will definitely be visiting CP several times too.

And why are you assuming the two events will fall on the same dates again? Personally I don't feel if it is a competition. I will for sure be back for HWN nest year, and will definitely be visiting CP several times too.

I'm not. I'm assuming I won't be able to afford both events and get my mom to take me to both events. For me, its one or the other, regardless of the date. Remember, I'm only 14 dude!