NEW FOR 2011

$18.70 may be the new price for their hamburger next year.

Seriously, there should be some construction or at least surveying by now if the new ride is a large coaster.

Yeah, but no one ever said that this would be a large coaster. Obviously if we were getting a big B&M, a height record breaker, or even a 200 footer construction would have started a long time ago. It's possible to put up a moderate size coaster between now and opening day next year.

Or it is possible to start a roller coaster now and have it open on opening day... However, the best indicator of future behavior is the past, so it would be safer to say that a coaster would've been started a few months ago, but not open until well into the 2011 season due to... whatever it is that'd delayed most rides at that park.

As I recall, Raptor didn't start construction until Fall 1993 and opened on time in May, 1994. To me this would mean there is ample time to build perhaps a B & M dive coaster.

On the other hand, I was also thinking of the Cedar Point logo on Facebook with the year 1870. There is a lot of buzz about a wave swinger. There was a swinger ride in Lake Erie in the early days of CP. Perhaps the year 1870 hints at nostalgia-that would back up a swinger ride. Just a thought.

I cant even imagine being strapped into a swing ride that... using popular coaster height terms... takes one over 400 feet above ground. DEFINITELY count me out on that one lol. Much to my chagrin, with no more thought than I have even given this, I have taken the name that CF has been rumored to have patented and come up with the thought that odds are being given to a lame..er skyflier. Although, imagine a 400 foot B&M diver or invert :)

I cant even imagine being strapped into a swing ride that... using popular coaster height terms... takes one over 400 feet above ground. DEFINITELY count me out on that one lol. Much to my chagrin, with no more thought than I have even given this, I have taken the name that CF has been rumored to have patented and come up with the thought that odds are being given to just that. Although, imagine a 400 foot B&M diver or invert :)

EDIT: Please dont give me the "Oh, B&M wont do 400 feet... Ive heard that line ad-nauseum and really dont wish to hear it any more. As I believe was said at an event recently, B&M has no height limit and if the nickels are there they will build it.

I dont think its going to be 400 feet. Unless it would be full over the shoulder restraints, which would kill a star flyer. I could see around 100 feet.

I think they should do what Carowinds is doing to announce their new ride, post a different picture each day as their profile picture.

Has anyone ever ridden a star flyer? How do you know this will or won't be thrilling?

We rode a Zamperla Vertical Swing last month. While is only goes up 100 ft, it was a fun but not overly thrilling ride. I think a Star Flyer would be great as part of a make over of that part of the park. I still think that CP needs a good twister wood coaster.

I don't know if this has been pointed out, or maybe it's my imagination, but look at the top of this star flyer, and compare it to the star around CP 1870:

wbthe1.png

That one has 11-12 arms. And the Cp logo has 16. This supports the giant star flyer theory.

Interesting comments from John H. today. He claimed that while he rides most everything at the park and loves Millennium, he isn't sure if he'll ride the new ride. He also said he isn't sure if it will change the skyline or not, that it probably will depend at which angle you are looking from. And finally, he said the word "star" has nothing to do with the new ride.

I still say Star Flyer, but the interview had connotations of a non-star flyer. Maybe just to throw us off?

I mean, the park does need a top spin... And it would evoke an old, boardwalk-y, carnival feel... And it would slightly change the skyline... And I do know where there's one that a certain park would happily give away...

Everyone thought Skyhawk would be a Top Spin. It wasn't. And really, Cedar Point's just about the only Cedar Fair park without one.

I don't know if this has been pointed out, or maybe it's my imagination, but look at the top of this star flyer, and compare it to the star around CP 1870:

wbthe1.png

That one has 11-12 arms. And the Cp logo has 16. This supports the giant star flyer theory.

You are reading to much into the logo. It is the exact same logo used around the centennial era, complete with sixteen "rays".

1969_souvenir_map.jpg

I mean, the park does need a top spin... And it would evoke an old, boardwalk-y, carnival feel... And it would slightly change the skyline... And I do know where there's one that a certain park would happily give away...

Everyone thought Skyhawk would be a Top Spin. It wasn't. And really, Cedar Point's just about the only Cedar Fair park without one.

I have said the same thing myself. They also don't have a slingshot type of ride, which would fit the Stratosoar name nicely.

And of course, Cedar Point may get a certain soon-to-be-disposed-of S&S Power Shot from a certain Disney Park... Creating the world's first septuple Drop Tower. Or, alternatively, they could just have two sets - look at the Antique Cars, after all. Stratosoar = perfect name for an S&S Power Shot? You better believe it...

I feel that, instead of simply trying to up their FB "fans", some of whom will dump the page as soon as its announced (myself being one of those), they just need to stop being the "Amusement park CIA" and announce the attraction and be done with it. The whole secrecy thing just never did it for me and I truly never understood it..... announce it and let people follow the construction during the offseason if they wish to, and decide if its an attraction they are interested in. Then again, if they did that, Lance's website would be pretty much dead!