NEW FOR 2011

I think that the fact that they are the same date points to the rides being the same/similar. The fact that Kinzel and Co. haven't singled out the date for CP alone is the final nail in the coaster coffin in my eyes. I think if the flagship park were adding another coaster the brass in Sandusky would make sure that was the only CF announcement that day.

Guess we will see in a week!

Or maybe Season Passes go on sale shortly after in at least those two parks....

I'm sure that they do.

So, it's common for parks to announce next year's additions shortly before passes go on sale, to try and motivate people to buy them. I highly doubt it has anything to do with "I want our announcement to be special and on a different date", the people they're marketing to won't know of the other park's announcement.

icon_STOP.gif2011 - Stratosoar / Thrill Ride - Semi-Confirmed - (8/17/10) A reader sent us a link to an old Park World article about a new creation Mondial announced in early 2010 called the Wind Seeker. In short, the ride was developed as their own version of the Star Flyer… one that could operate in higher wind conditions as there steel arms holding the twin-seater chairs in place instead of wimpy chains. So could The Point's new ride really be the first Wind Seeker?

posted on screamscape, and in all honesty, this makes so much more sense to me than a star flyer, especially with the crazy weather (i'm referring mainly about wind) lake erie gets.

link to screamscape

link to 'wind seeker' article

http://www.parkworld-online.com/news/fullstory.php/aid/1596/Mondial_unveils_Wind_Seeker.html

This was posted at Screamscape. It is called a wind seeker which does not contain the word "star". This ride was designed for higher wind conditions which would make since at CP. Looks like it could be a fun ride and has high capacity.

Work on SOB (repair or take down) will be what Kings Island will have coming for next year.

That type of work likely wouldn't be figured in their CapEx plans, which is what I was discussing.

Repair might very well be a capital improvement...it all depends on how aggressive their tax folk wish to be...

And also, I believe removal of an existing structure that improves land in preparation for a planned new structure might also be considered a capital improvement (adding value to the land)

Wonder why their is no word on Knott's and Kings Island?

Why would you expect word on Kings Island? When was KI's Planet Snoopy announced relative to the rest last winter?

...Not to mention, they have a tendency to lie or mislead, so none of the clues (For or against Star Flyer) may mean anything. So again...why are we all so certain it's a Star Flyer, or GCI, or Intamin, etc, etc...

Who said we are all so certain of that?

Certainly not the Terp, nor did he say he was not...anyone for a coaster in China?

Is that a hint Terpy?

From my knowledge, Cedar Point's markets are Cleveland and Detroit, and Canada's Wonderland's market is Toronto. I guess you could say Cedar Point and Kings Island have an overlapping market also, but I really don't see them fighting for attention.

Buffalo would be in either market, as would Windsor and other parts of southern Ontario.

From an email from CP

The secret on our 2011 plans will soon be let out - and you can be the first to know!

We're going to unleash another fantastic addition to our midway on Tuesday, August 24 at 2 p.m. on our official Facebook page.

Not on Facebook? Why not become a fan and get clues and teasers

before Tuesday?

The information will be released on our website later that day, but our Facebook friends will be the first to know! It'll take your breath away!

Take my breath away, reminds me of a certain ride at KI, and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEOem7U2LPE

Perhaps the announcement is that Paramount Pictures (founded a mere 42 years after 1870) has purchased Cedar Fair Entertainment Corporation and plans to create world-class destination theme parks by prefixing all of the current park's names with the word "Paramount's" and then injecting a little bit of Hollywood flair into the rides and attractions, beginning with a new star flyer style ride (originally to be named "Swoop," now being renamed "Top Gun: The Jet Swings") and the rebirth of The Outer Limits coaster line with "The Outer Limits: Disaster Transport."

Perhaps the announcement is that Paramount Pictures (founded a mere 42 years after 1870) has purchased Cedar Fair Entertainment Corporation and plans to create world-class destination theme parks by prefixing all of the current park's names with the word "Paramount's" and then injecting a little bit of Hollywood flair into the rides and attractions, beginning with a new star flyer style ride (originally to be named "Swoop," now being renamed "Top Gun: The Jet Swings") and the rebirth of The Outer Limits coaster line with "The Outer Limits: Disaster Transport."

^haha. we can dream cant we :]

Maybe just maybe we're getting a DarKastle / Spiderman style hybrid dark ride with a dinosaur theme in the old Pirate dark ride building, where we must find and locate a flying dinosaur called...

A Stratosaur?

Yes I'm a wishful thinker, and it will never happen. But if Cedar Point got such a ride, it would be a smash hit, and perhaps be enough to turn the tides of Cedar Fair's relation with theme.

This wouldn't be the first time that Cedar Point has played up online rumors about their new ride. Especially now that everyone's in their comments, shrieking "IT'S A STARFLYER NAMED STRATOSAUR!!!1!111one!"

...It's StratoSOAR, everyone. People are misspelling and therefore misunderstanding, and Cedar Point's taking advantage of it. Which isn't a bad idea, in my opinion, if they want to keep what the ride's TRUE identity a secret. When has Cedar Point EVER been this transparent about its new rides?

The defense would like to remind the jury of a certain picture:

45730_416519813923_95469803923_4892767_5365361_n.jpg

Maybe Stratosoar was for Canada's Wonderland?

Bolded for emphasis. Sounds like it to me.Remember, everyone: Cedar Fair trademarked Stratosoar. Not Cedar Point.

-Alex, who gets tired of facts being overlooked because we're all so sure of something. Ride Sally Ride, anyone?

The second picture clue is up on Cedar Point's facebook page. It's a dinosaur skeleton that leads to this when you click on it: http://www.kidsdinos.com/

Hmmmm...

Edit: CincyMan98 beat me to it! :)

Kids Dinos. Yesterday's link was to a kiddie site as well. Sounds like they are getting Barney.

Barney Blows. Works for both clues :)

Looking at the latest clue, looks like could be a coaster after all-the long neck of the dinosoar looks like it could be a first drop on a coaster. It reminds me of a Flintstones episode where Fred, Barney, Wilma and Betty were at the World's Fair and riding a roller coaster which was in fact a dinosoar. ( Used to love how those animal gadgets would break the fourth wall, ie " I must have been crazy to take this job",etc. )

1st clue: site talks about kids spinning in the wind.

2nd clue: link to kids dinosaur site

JH says he doesn't think he will ride this? Skyline depends on your perspective (like if you were really short)

Site near Planet Snoopy.

Sounds like a kids ride to me.