NEW FOR 2011

Perhaps the proposed swings are two-seaters. I have seen those on swings before, and it would double the capacity!

GYK, who doesn't understand others' fascination with Busch Gardens Tampa, and who saw it as an awkwardly-laid-out, strangely-themed "evil twin" of the Virginia park, perhaps because the Northern one is the one he was first acquainted with. But when it comes to Katonga... Wow.

I'll agree with you on liking BGE over BGA, and by a wide margin... But isn't the new ride rumored to be called Cheetaka?

Ketchup on a Pronto Pup? Ketchup was available, but from the West Virginia Grille aka The Cafeteria, IF it was open, which it may not have been. Apparently, most West Virginians greatly disdain ketchup on hot dogs of any kind. It's considered a sacrilege:

...Zoning, schmoning, serving a mediocre hot dog with ketchup as a standard option is reason enough for a "cease and desist" order....

http://www.wvhotdogs.com/

Also, small soft drinks are now 99 cents at Camden, but that in no way excuses the removal of the water fountain. I am astounded nothing has been done about this....so far.

Perhaps their new attraction for 2011 will be a water fountain!

Guest Millennium

BGT Tampa is beautiful, great rides, difficult layout. I liked the park overall. But if BGW food is anything like BGT...then I'm not too excited.

Some of the best ribs I have ever had in any park have been in two parks in Florida:

* Busch Gardens Tampa

* WDW's Animal Kingdom

I love BGT's food. I find it far superior to most in the industry, and well priced as well.

Oddly, Cedar Fair's Geauga Lake also had great ribs, and very economically priced.

Isn't the GL BBQ joint a remnant from SeaWorld? They were great under Sea World, mediocre under Six Flags, and Above Average under Cedar Fair.

Both of the Busch parks impressed me with the value of their food... the quality wasn't astounding, but I felt that it was priced accordingly. Disney's food is hit or miss, it is overpriced (especially in any sort of sit-down environment), but the quality across the board is much better than most CF's parks offerings.

To KI's credit, my wife and I quite enjoyed the $6.49 (or whatever) Johnsonville Brat, chips, and fountain drink combo. Tasted good, and great value.

::looks at thread title::

CP is getting something new next year??? B)

Be careful. This year, Cedar Point got new pizza. It was wonderful at Chuck Wagon last year. As for this year, the ribs at Kings Island were better than Cedar Point's new pizza....truly.

Orange grease, orange grease and doughy...and oh, did I mention the orange grease?

And stingy on the pepperoni. ( Its a wonder there was so much orange grease on our pizza since there was hardly any pepperoni.)

By the way, what were we talking about? Oh, yeah, the new ride at CP......................

I must be getting older...I used to detest LaRosa's at Kings Island, and Holiday World's pizza. This year, I've found myself liking both. If I like Knobels' too later this year, I will know I am getting to be an old softie in my old age.

Still, Dorney has always had my favorite park pizza...I hope they didn't change IT this year...

Be careful. This year, Cedar Point got new pizza. It was wonderful at Chuck Wagon last year. As for this year, the ribs at Kings Island were better than Cedar Point's new pizza....truly.

Orange grease, orange grease and doughy...and oh, did I mention the orange grease?

And the big brag for the new pizza was fresh-made dough, no? I don't understand why a department with such limited success (CF's food service) decided to take the most demanding and complicated ingredient and place it in the hands (literally!) of a group of overworked and underpaid teenagers. Keep the frozen dough, incorporate a better spice mix into the sauce (there are dozens of different packets available from every majof food supplier) and buy a better cheese blend and it would be great. Overall, good pizza isn't hard to do. Dough, though, is very tricky, and even moreso if you want consistency.

We are lucky with the pizza. It is the same recipe that was used back in the 70's. The one they use in the stores are a little different.

Except since Cedar Fair took over, they have been putting the pepperoni on top of the cheese, not the proper LaRosa's way which is under the cheese.

Uh, the pepperoni at Kings Island has ALWAYS been on top of the cheese. It was in 1972, it is today.

Since Cedar Fair took over, they have also offered sausage...they did not used to.

Coney Island of Ohio also has LaRosa's, but I honestly don't know where they put the pepperoni there...I know the Skyline at Coney Island of Ohio is better than at Kings Island or in the company's own stores.

I had a slice of pizza back in 1972, and every year since. Not once do I remember ever having Kings Island pizza with pepperoni beneath the cheese. Even WooferBearATL earlier confirmed that the park has always had the pepperoni above the cheese, so guests can quickly tell the pepperoni pizza from the cheese pizza....

I believe that the LaRosa`s pepperoni pizza at Coney is served with the pepperoni under the cheese, but don`t hold me to that. I normally don`t get pepperoni pizza, and opt for just plain cheese. I should know as Coney served up some free LaRosa`s pizza and soft drinks at the employee corn hole tournament this past Monday evening. But as I mentioned before, I got some slices of cheese and not pepperoni.

A little trivia about Coney`s LaRosa`s locations. There are two LaRosa`s locations at Coney. One on the dry side across from Dodgems and golf, and one over at Sunlite Pool. All the pizzas are actually baked at the location on the dry side of the park (which is also the only food location at Coney that has an air conditioned eating area, albeit it a very small one), and then carted over to the second location at the pool.

I did not know that KI had begun serving sausage pizza. I know that they had pictures it on the new video menu boards, but thought that it was a goof, since I had never personally seen a sausage pizza at KI.