NEW FOR 2011

Guest Millennium

Be careful. This year, Cedar Point got new pizza. It was wonderful at Chuck Wagon last year. As for this year, the ribs at Kings Island were better than Cedar Point's new pizza....truly.

Orange grease, orange grease and doughy...and oh, did I mention the orange grease?

LOL. I guess you're talking about the pizza that is now fresh and not frozen like last year? ..

BGT's food was horrid in my opinion. Salmon was disgusting...surprsingly, SeaWorld Orlando's food wasn't bad!

5 new pages today - I thought there had to be some interesting news on the "New for 2011" topic ...

In other topics discussed:

- I liked Cedar Point Pizza this year

- I loved BGT food, although agree that the park does have an awkward layout

- I don't care where my pepperoni is located on a pizza

- I like ketchup on hotdogs, more proof I'm not from West Virginia

- I wonder greatly at how smart it is for a ride manufacturer to release info about a parks ride prior to the announcement, even if they are upset. I'd imagine that this might impact their relationship/credibility with that chain and others in the industry

Oh, see there was something on topic posted :D

- I wonder greatly at how smart it is for a ride manufacturer to release info about a parks ride prior to the announcement, even if they are upset. I'd imagine that this might impact their relationship/credibility with that chain and others in the industry

The real question is, what kind of newspaper (and one that has been following the ride's development & knows full well of the upcoming announcement date) would reveal information like that? It just makes the "crack staff at the Sandusky Register" (Terpy's words) look like poor sports. With all of their coverage of the "new ride," they absolutely knew that the ride was still unannounced, and probably were quite proud of themselves to get the news before anyone else. We can still go back and forth about whether ride is actually for Cedar Point or not, but either way the Sandusky Register should be ashamed. They could have waited one more week - But then, what if the ride does not turn out to be a swing ride? Their "research" would have no purpose, and they simply couldn't have that.

That is not how the media should act. There are those here who can verify that (and who demonstrate the way that members of the media should act).

It's all publicity... Notice everyone is now talking about the "Sandusky Register". They wanted to be the first, and thats big for the media. Now I'm not saying they are excused for their actions, which they are not. But, I'm not shocked either.

And up until now, hasn't the Sandusky Register been the one to speak most directly with Cedar Fair Entertainment Company's CEO; the paper to hold their tongue when asked; the one to chose their words almost as carefully as The Interpreter when dealing with the ups & downs of that particular company; the paper that always got the scoop from their friends at the Point?

Will this article change that relationship?

5 new pages today - I thought there had to be some interesting news on the "New for 2011" topic ...

In other topics discussed:

- I liked Cedar Point Pizza this year

- I loved BGT food, although agree that the park does have an awkward layout

- I don't care where my pepperoni is located on a pizza

- I like ketchup on hotdogs, more proof I'm not from West Virginia

Oh, see there was something on topic posted :D

Ketchup on hotdogs!!!!What is this world coming to?

And up until now, hasn't the Sandusky Register been the one to speak most directly with Cedar Fair Entertainment Company's CEO; the paper to hold their tongue when asked; the one to chose their words almost as carefully as The Interpreter when dealing with the ups & downs of that particular company; the paper that always got the scoop from their friends at the Point?

That is what journalists do. That is why freedom of the press is included in the First Amendment. The newspaper does not work for CF, or for any other company, or the government, or anyone else. It is their duty to report any facts that are deemed newsworthy.

--Beatle, just sayin'

Uh, the pepperoni at Kings Island has ALWAYS been on top of the cheese. It was in 1972, it is today.

Since Cedar Fair took over, they have also offered sausage...they did not used to.

Coney Island of Ohio also has LaRosa's, but I honestly don't know where they put the pepperoni there...I know the Skyline at Coney Island of Ohio is better than at Kings Island or in the company's own stores.

Isn't that so people can grab the pizza without having to ask what kind it is.

Tyler, whose family has always had to rip the cheese off to see.

Yep...

Separately, another article in the Sandusky Register this AM:

At Cedar Point, all the clues say Wind Seeker (or StarFlyer?):

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/2010/aug/20/aringt-cedar-point-all-clues-say-wind-seeker-or-starflyer

This time, they chose to keep the juicy tidbits, if any, for subscribers of the print and online print editions only...so nothing can more can be put here. There is ONE LINE at the link...

For those who are upset at the potential for both Wonderland and Cedar Point to get the same ride, check out what Mr. Lance Hart has to say about Knott's this morning:

Knott's To Likely To Get Stratosoar in 2011 [sic]:

...icon_STOP.gif2011 - New Attraction - Rumor - (8/20/10) I'm hearing that a copy of StratoSoar, a 300-400 foot Mondial Wind Seeker, their version of the Funtime Star Flyer, will be coming to Knott's as a replacement for the Sky Cabin tower, which explains all the survey markers going all around it....
[sic]

http://www.screamsca..._berry_farm.htm

As usual, posting of a link by Mr. Terpy does not in any way indicate his agreement therewith, nor the contrary, unless otherwise noted.

Provided that Mr. Hart is correct...which is quite the proviso, why stop at only two?

And/or, perhaps the crack staff at the Sandusky Register has its park wrong?

Perhaps Funtime didn't know where Cedar Fair intended to put its ride? Perhaps Funtime is helping to divert attention...

Or, perhaps even Funtime's anger, and Mondial's pleasure, is delivered in threes?

Oh, the possibilities...

Terp, who always thinks it best to think outside the bun...

The real question is, what kind of newspaper (and one that has been following the ride's development & knows full well of the upcoming announcement date) would reveal information like that? It just makes the "crack staff at the Sandusky Register" (Terpy's words) look like poor sports. With all of their coverage of the "new ride," they absolutely knew that the ride was still unannounced, and probably were quite proud of themselves to get the news before anyone else. We can still go back and forth about whether ride is actually for Cedar Point or not, but either way the Sandusky Register should be ashamed. They could have waited one more week - But then, what if the ride does not turn out to be a swing ride? Their "research" would have no purpose, and they simply couldn't have that.

That is not how the media should act. There are those here who can verify that (and who demonstrate the way that members of the media should act).

That is what journalists do. That is why freedom of the press is included in the First Amendment. The newspaper does not work for CF, or for any other company, or the government, or anyone else. It is their duty to report any facts that are deemed newsworthy.

--Beatle, just sayin'

Beatle you stole my words. This is just like people who got mad at Hal McCoy for posting Brandon Phillips rant about the Cardinals. They did their job.