NEW FOR 2011

Screamscape does have a good summary of how CapEx is being broken down this year. Basically, in summary, even if "stratosoar" or whatever 2011 is at CP costs $10M, there is still $45M left in CapEx to split between Knotts, KI, and Canada's. If "stratosoar" costs only $5M that leaves even more for the three parks to split.

Will the big coasters be going to Knotts and Canada's or is KI getting in on that $50M? I think CP's announcement may shed some light on how much $$$ is left over.

Gun to my head I would say $20-$25M to both Canada's and Knotts. But part of me, the part that drives to Kings Island, says Wonderland isn't exactly in the drout that Knotts is. I mean, they did just get Behemoth in 2008.

And Knott's will have increased competition from the soon-to-be-a-real-"Disney"-park California Adventure, as well as whatever SFMM may be working on. The markers scattered over most of the Knott's property is a good hint, to me at least, that something big could be happening there.

I bet we'll see...

-Major expenditures: Canada's Wonderland and Knott's

-Moderate expenditures: CP (likely large flat), VF/WoF/DP (Planet Snoopy)

-Minor expenditures: Carowinds (Starlight Show) [and potentially the same at KD]

On Cedar Point's facebook there is a picture of an old windmill under the "new for 2011" tab. Of course you have to be a fan in order to see it...

A picture of a windmill could point to a Star Flyer, but of course they posted this after everyone said "Hey, I bet it's going to be a starflyer."

Sigh...

While I agree the Screamscape and other fansites may not be the go-to source for calculating CF's cap ex for next year, if CP and CW both get the same Stratasoar rides for next year either Knotts is getting one heck of a new ride or there is another significant project out there that we haven't heard of yet.

When you click on the picture of the windmill, it directs you to a teaching website. I thought it was interesting that the first procedure was this:

1. To introduce the lesson, have students spin in a circle with their arms out. They will feel the air passing by their fingers as they turn. Talk about the sensation of air moving around them.

Full Link: http://www.uen.org/Lessonplan/preview.cgi?LPid=2181

DBfan, once again thinking way to far.

And I like how below the hints they have 2 links leading to buy tickets and sign up for the newsletter.

When you click on the picture of the windmill, it directs you to a teaching website. I thought it was interesting that the first procedure was this:

1. To introduce the lesson, have students spin in a circle with their arms out. They will feel the air passing by their fingers as they turn. Talk about the sensation of air moving around them.

Full Link: http://www.uen.org/L...w.cgi?LPid=2181

DBfan, once again thinking way to far.

And I like how below the hints they have 2 links leading to buy tickets and sign up for the newsletter.

This still can go back to "Airtime". I can wait a week to find out they are going to do for 2011.

I think that the fact that they are the same date points to the rides being the same/similar. The fact that Kinzel and Co. haven't singled out the date for CP alone is the final nail in the coaster coffin in my eyes. I think if the flagship park were adding another coaster the brass in Sandusky would make sure that was the only CF announcement that day.

Guess we will see in a week!

It is looking more and more like a Star Flyer or a knock off. Every clue, every time, matches up with the theory.

Sigh. Unless, of course, you look at the CapEx statement (Which would suggest a much bigger investment then a Star Flyer), the interview with the GM of the park (Who said that the word 'Star' has nothing to do with it, AND it probably won't change the skyline of the park) and AIRtImE. If you ignore all of those clues, then sure, I guess you could interpret the rest of the clues to mean a StarFlyer (And what other clues are there? Dick Kinzel saying that 'There's More to thrill rides then just coasters', and 'Stratosoar'?)

Not to mention, they have a tendency to lie or mislead, so none of the clues (For or against Star Flyer) may mean anything. So again...why are we all so certain it's a Star Flyer, or GCI, or Intamin, etc, etc...

I think that the fact that they are the same date points to the rides being the same/similar. The fact that Kinzel and Co. haven't singled out the date for CP alone is the final nail in the coaster coffin in my eyes. I think if the flagship park were adding another coaster the brass in Sandusky would make sure that was the only CF announcement that day.

Or maybe Season Passes go on sale shortly after in at least those two parks....

...Not to mention, they have a tendency to lie or mislead, so none of the clues (For or against Star Flyer) may mean anything. So again...why are we all so certain it's a Star Flyer, or GCI, or Intamin, etc, etc...

Who said we are all so certain of that?

Certainly not the Terp, nor did he say he was not...anyone for a coaster in China?

Or maybe Season Passes go on sale shortly after in at least those two parks....

I'm sure that they do.